RSCO School Choice Fall Fair – Saturday, October 22, 9:30 am to 1:30 pm
There is Still Time to Apply
The Regional School Choice Office (RSCO) is still accepting applications for the 2022-23 school year. The RSCO Late-Application is now available beginning on March 1st though September 15, 2022. Families who missed the February 28th on-time deadline have the opportunity to apply to RSCO Interdistrict Magnet Schools, Open Choice Programs, and the Hartford Region Technical High Schools. The frequently asked questions included below are designed to answer common questions about the application process after the on-time deadline has passed. Families who apply after the on-time deadline receive placement offers during the placement process so it is not too late! Apply as soon as possible if you are interested in a choice opportunity!
Late Application Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the Late Application? The Late Application is a RSCO Application that is available after the on-time application closes.
2. What is the difference between an “on-time” and a “late application”? The on-time application was from November 12, 2021 to February 28, 2022. Families may submit a late application from March 1, 2022 through September 15, 2022.
3. What grade, schools, and/or programs are available during the Late Application Period? These may change throughout the late application period. Some of the schools, grade levels and/or programs may not be available for application during the late application period.
4. Can a family submit both an on-time application and a late application for the same child to increase their chances of getting a placement offer? No. The late application is available to applicants who did not submit an on-time application by February 28, 2022. Applicants who submitted an application during the on-time period may not submit a late application
5. Can a family submit multiple applications for one student? No, a family cannot submit more than one application for the same student. If there is more than one application for the same student, RSCO uses the first application and deletes the later applications, including any late applications. If you would like to make changes to the parent/guardian information on your application, please contact RSCO.
6. What are my chances of receiving a placement offer if I submit a late application? We encourage families to apply during the late application period because, as in previous years, we will send placement offers to families with late applications as seats become available.
7. How do I receive a placement offer? RSCO uses email and/or text messaging to send communications to notify families of placement offers. Families are encouraged to regularly monitor the email address they used to set up their application and log-in to the application to look for new documents or updates on the Dashboard. Families can also monitor the Announcements page of this website for updates.
8. Can a family make changes to their On-Time Application after February 28, 2022? After the on-time application closes, families will have “View Only” access, which means they will only be able to view their information and will not be able to make any changes. If you have questions about your application or need updates made to your contact information, please use the message option in the RSCO on-line application or contact us at email@example.com or 860-713-6990.
9. If a family started an on-line application but did not submit it on time, do they need to start a new one? No, a family does not need to create a new application if they missed the on-time deadline. They should log-in to the application that they started, complete the required information, and then submit the application as early as possible.
Do you have questions? There are different ways to contact RSCO, you can