Academy of Aerospace and Engineering
An emphasis on 21st century science and technology drive the core curriculum at STEM and STEM-related schools. This theme also includes programs with a focus on environmental sciences. STEM prepares students for our global, technology-driven future and fosters inquiring minds, logical reasoning, and great collaboration.
School Message Board
Student Registration Information
Student registration is one of the last steps of the placement process. If you received a placement offer and accepted a seat at this school for the upcoming 2022-2023 School Year (beginning August, 2022) please contact Christine Diaz-Ocasio at the school directly at (860) 243-0857 or firstname.lastname@example.org for your registration deadline and instructions on next steps.
Academy of Aerospace and Engineering provides students unique opportunities to study aerospace, engineering, biomedicine, advanced mathematics, and the sciences. This diverse community of learners is supported and inspired to think critically, solve problems, and find success. The high-quality, hands-on curriculum is enhanced with a mentoring program involving local engineering and medical companies, career symposiums with leadership speakers from STEM companies, internship programs, and classroom instruction led by professionals. Here, we insist on providing equitable opportunities for students to develop the skills and confidence to succeed in the demanding and ever-changing marketplace of the 21st Century.
Academy of Aerospace and Engineering Elementary 5th grade students have a direct pathway option to attend 6th grade at Academy of Aerospace and Engineering. To be considered for this direct pathway placement, you must submit an on-time 2022-23 RSCO online application with Academy of Aerospace and Engineering as your first choice.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Develops the skills and confidence needed to succeed in the 21st century
- Offers specialized courses including aeronautics, medicine, computer science, robotics, drone construction and more
- Offers mentorships, internships and unique opportunities through various partnerships
- Empowers students to solve problems and think critically
- Academic pathways, including Aerospace Engineering, Design, Manufacturing & Maker Arts, Biological and Life Sciences, Computer Science
- Broad array of Advanced Placement and Early College Experience classes
- A strong focus on student engagement, interdisciplinary connection-making, applied problem solving and rigorous application of academics.
- Relevant internships with local places of employment
- 92.2% four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Varsity, JV & Middle School Sports
After-school clubs & activities
Middle School “Explorations” activities to build interest, connections and relationships across the school
Theme days to grow career awareness and develop mentor relationships