Save the Date!
December 4, 2023 – The 2024-25 RSCO School Choice Application Opens!
Academy of Computer Science and Engineering Middle School
This theme offers opportunities in computer science and engineering for students to learn coding and design for websites, applications (apps), and game development –all important 21st century skills!
Academy of Computer Science and Engineering Middle School provides students an engaging, rigorous course of studies that infuses environmental science and engineering into the curriculum. Students are empowered to become active participants in their learning through hands-on activities that challenge them to become problem-solvers, to test theories and design, and to make informed decisions about society’s relationship with the environment. The school uses community and educational partnerships to ensure that our students are receiving cutting edge instruction. After piloting lessons and demonstrations on behalf of the Connecticut Science Center, students are able to provide recommendations for improving their programs. They also work directly with graduate students at UConn School of Engineering.
Academy of Computer Science & Engineering Middle School 8th grade students have a direct pathway option to attend 9th grade at Academy of Computer Science & Engineering. To be considered for this direct pathway placement, you must submit an on-time 2023-24 RSCO online application with Academy of Computer Science & Engineering as your first choice.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Provides a rigorous course of studies that infuses environmental science and engineering
- Intertwines outdoor exploration with a blended learning model to engage students and encourage them to be active participants in their learning
- Offers classes such as exploratory science, pre-engineering, sustainability, game design, animation, and more
- Partners with the Connecticut Science Center
- National Green LEAF School of Excellence
- Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- Mastery based grading
- Blended Learning
- Frequent parent communication on Habits of Mind
- Diverse and invested staff
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Award-winning Arts program
Full athletics program
More than 10 after school clubs offered
Hands-on, STEM-based electives