The RSCO School Choice Application for the 2024-25 School Year is Open! Apply Now!
Academy of Computer Science and Engineering
This theme offers opportunities in computer science and engineering for students to learn coding and design for websites, applications (apps), and game development –all important 21st century skills!
CREC Academy of Computer Science and Engineering (Formerly Civic Leadership High School) inspires tomorrow’s leaders through academic excellence, service, and duty. A culture of civic engagement and service is the school’s core emphasis, students have the opportunity to complete a minimum of 40 community service hours by graduation. These hands-on experiences provide students the opportunity to make a positive impact in their community and build their skillset to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. The rigorous, college-ready curriculum prepares students to attend the college of their choice, while specific training and education prepares students to meet the unique requirements of these rewarding professions..
Academy of Computer Science and Engineering Middle 8th grade students have a direct pathway option to attend 9th grade at Academy of Computer Science and Engineering High School. To be considered for this direct pathway placement, you must submit an on-time 2023-24 RSCO online application with Academy of Computer Science and Engineering High School as your first choice.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Offers four pathways: Public Service, Environmental Science and Community Engagement; Fire Science and Emergency Medicine; Law, Government and Homeland Security; Law Enforcement
- Creates a culture of giving back through community service
- Develops students to become civic leaders through hands-on, skills-based activities
- Provides extended learning experiences through service learning and job shadowing
- Offers opportunities for internships and to earn public safety certifications
- Opportunity to earn up to 40 college credits: Asnuntuck CC, UConn
- On-site college professors
- Public Safety certifications: FEMA, EMT, CPR/FirstAid
- 2019 & 2020 Capital Region Athletic Council Sportsmanship winners
- Senior Capstone
- Senior Internships
- 45 hours volunteer service (service learning) by graduation
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Experiential Field Trips
Crime Scene Lab
Emergency Operations Room
Student Leadership Development Lab
Fire Sciences Lab w working Fire Truck.
EMS Lab with a Fully-Stocked Ambulance