Save the Date!
December 4, 2023 – The 2024-25 RSCO School Choice Application Opens!
Academy of International Studies Elementary School
The IB theme is geared toward the 21st century global environment by preparing students for college and beyond through rigorous academics, critical-thinking, and independence. IB uses the international baccalaureate learner profile to challenge students through global-minded academics to get them ready to participate in the world with intercultural understanding and respect.
South Windsor, CT 06074
Academy of International Studies Elementary School is an International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme that prepares students to be global citizens, appreciate diversity, and perform at the highest level. Together, with families and the school community, the Primary Years Programme is focused on building each student’s confidence and self-motivation. Students are challenged to think for themselves and take charge of their learning. Students are inspired to respond to challenges with an open mind and to be confident in their identities by learning through six themes of global significance: who we are, where we are in place and time, how we express ourselves, how the world works, how we organize ourselves, and sharing the planet.
International Elementary 5th grade students have a direct pathway option to attend 6th grade at Academy of International Studies 6 to 12. To be considered for this direct pathway placement, you must submit an on-time 2023-24 RSCO online application with Academy of International Studies 6 to 12 as your first choice.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Offers the Primary Years Programme (PYP)
- Prepares students to be global citizens, appreciate diversity, and perform at the highest level Focuses on the development of the whole child as an inquirer
- Challenges students to act, collaborate and communicate
- Inspires students to respond to challenges with an open mind and confident in their identities
- Accredited International Baccalaureate World School since 2011
- NAEYC Accreditation
- Magnet Schools of America Merit School of Distinction (2012-2016)
- MSA School of Excellence 2014
- 150-seat Recital Hall, 150-seat Black Box Theater
- 9 National Advancement in the Arts Finalist
Sports, Clubs & Activities
International Partnership with Doshisha International Academy in Kyoto, Japan
Hartford Yard Goats Student Engagement Program
5th-grade Exhibition project (capstone experience)
After school enrichment program for K-5 students