RSCO On-line Application for the 2023-24 School Year Coming in December
Betances Learning Lab Magnet School
The school is a model Pre-K through 4th grade Learning Lab School which integrates early literacy instruction throughout the core curriculum. The unique focus on literacy achievement leads to strong literacy skills and an appreciation for all genres of literature.
Hartford, CT 06106
School Message Board
Welcome to Betances Learning Lab Magnet School!
We are delighted that your child has received an invitation to attend our Magnet School for the 2022-2023 School Year. To secure your child’s seat for the upcoming school year, please follow this two-step acceptance and registration process.
- Accept your child’s seat by logging in to your RSCO account and adhere to the RSCO deadline. We encourage you to submit your response as soon as possible.
- Please note: if you opt to decline the placement seat, your child will not receive another placement offer for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Register your child by completing the on-line registration. All registration documents must be received to officially enroll your child at our school. Please refer to the list below of required documents.
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID – Driver’s License, Passport, or Government issued ID
- Proof of Residency (utility bill such as cable, light, gas, water, home or car insurance or property tax bill)
- State of CT Health Assessment Record Form. An updated physical is required for all students.
- Authorization for Release of Student Records (if applicable).
Please register as quickly as possible. We can help upload your documents to the registration portal. Contact us at 860-695-2840
Betances Learning Lab is an innovative learning community fostering scholarship and creativity in students with different learning styles. We prepare and inspire students to be innovative, responsible and contributing members of an ever-changing global society.
Our achievement is determined across a broad range of educational goals, which include:
- National, State and Professional Standards
- Individual and Group Academic Performance
- Individual and Group Accomplishments
- Individual and Group Growth
We are committed to involving all community partners in creating an inclusive, inviting learning community characterized by kindness and respect and developing interventions to support academic and personal excellence for every student.
We will achieve our vision by implementing research-based, best practices in education. We promote differentiated instruction through multi-age grouping. Furthermore, we emphasize curriculum integration and collaboration with specialists to support learning in all areas and supporting an inclusive special education and gifted and talented delivery system.
Continuing the Magnet Experience!
Betances Learning Lab Magnet School 4th grade students have a direct pathway option to attend 5th grade at Betances STEM Magnet School. To be considered for this direct pathway placement, you must submit an on-time 2022-23 RSCO online application with Betances STEM Magnet School as your first choice.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Emphasis on 21st century learning and rigorous core academic learning goals
- 45-minute WIN block and 45-minute enrichment block with band, chorus, DRILL, boys dance group and drumming
- Arts integration through Hartford Performs, Little Kids Rock, chorus and band are part of the unified arts curriculum
- Partnership with the Connecticut Science Center infuses STEM-based instruction in the day-to-day curriculum
- Student-centered learning in small classes with individualized instruction
- Hands-on STEM-based learning through Project Lead the Way
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Girls Scouts, MiCasa, Book Club
Arts Integration through Hartford Performs