Betances Learning Lab Magnet School
School Message Board
Late Application InformationWe have limited availability, but there’s still time to apply! Seats may become available at the following grade(s) for the 2021-22 school year.
Student Registration Information
Student registration is one of the last steps of the placement process. If you received a placement offer and accepted a seat at this school for the upcoming 2021-2022 School Year (beginning August 2021) please contact the school directly for registration instructions and next steps. On-line Registration
Betances Learning Lab is an innovative learning community fostering scholarship and creativity in students with different learning styles. We prepare and inspire students to be innovative, responsible and contributing members of an ever-changing global society.
Our achievement is determined across a broad range of educational goals, which include:
- National, State and Professional Standards
- Individual and Group Academic Performance
- Individual and Group Accomplishments
- Individual and Group Growth
We are committed to involving all community partners in creating an inclusive, inviting learning community characterized by kindness and respect and developing interventions to support academic and personal excellence for every student.
We will achieve our vision by implementing research-based, best practices in education. We promote differentiated instruction through multi-age grouping. Furthermore, we emphasize curriculum integration and collaboration with specialists to support learning in all areas and supporting an inclusive special education and gifted and talented delivery system.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Emphasis on 21st century learning and rigorous core academic learning goals
- 45-minute WIN block and 45-minute enrichment block with band, chorus, DRILL, boys dance group and drumming
- Arts integration through Hartford Performs, Little Kids Rock, chorus and band are part of the unified arts curriculum
- Partnership with the Connecticut Science Center infuses STEM-based instruction in the day-to-day curriculum
- Student-centered learning in small classes with individualized instruction
- Hands-on STEM-based learning through Project Lead the Way
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Girls Scouts, MiCasa, Book Club
Arts Integration through Hartford Performs
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!