Betances Learning Lab Magnet School
The school is a model Pre-K through 4th grade Learning Lab School which integrates early literacy instruction throughout the core curriculum. The unique focus on literacy achievement leads to strong literacy skills and an appreciation for all genres of literature.
Hartford, CT 06106
Betances Learning Lab is an innovative learning community fostering scholarship and creativity in students with different learning styles. We prepare and inspire students to be innovative, responsible and contributing members of an ever-changing global society.
Our achievement is determined across a broad range of educational goals, which include:
- National, State and Professional Standards
- Individual and Group Academic Performance
- Individual and Group Accomplishments
- Individual and Group Growth
We are committed to involving all community partners in creating an inclusive, inviting learning community characterized by kindness and respect and developing interventions to support academic and personal excellence for every student.
We will achieve our vision by implementing research-based, best practices in education. We promote differentiated instruction through multi-age grouping. Furthermore, we emphasize curriculum integration and collaboration with specialists to support learning in all areas and supporting an inclusive special education and gifted and talented delivery system.
Continuing the Magnet Experience!
Betances Learning Lab Magnet School 4th grade students have a direct pathway option to attend 5th grade at Betances STEM Magnet School. To be considered for this direct pathway placement, you must submit an on-time 2022-23 RSCO online application with Betances STEM Magnet School as your first choice.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Emphasis on 21st century learning and rigorous core academic learning goals
- 45-minute WIN block and 45-minute enrichment block with band, chorus, DRILL, boys dance group and drumming
- Arts integration through Hartford Performs, Little Kids Rock, chorus and band are part of the unified arts curriculum
- Partnership with the Connecticut Science Center infuses STEM-based instruction in the day-to-day curriculum
- Student-centered learning in small classes with individualized instruction
- Hands-on STEM-based learning through Project Lead the Way
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Girls Scouts, MiCasa, Book Club
Arts Integration through Hartford Performs
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!