Join us for our In-Person RSCO Fair on Sat. Nov. 13th More Info
Betances STEM Magnet School
Betances STEM Magnet School is an innovative learning community that incorporates learning with an advanced academic focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). Our purpose is to offer and expose our students to 21st Century skills that will ensure their value to society. Students are engaged in hands-on, experiential learning, observation and analysis, and have extensive laboratory experiences using contemporary technologies for scientific inquiry, mathematical calculation and engineering design. All of which are at the core strategy of STEM inquiry. Partnerships with community organizations such as the Connecticut Science Center, Barnes and Noble, UCONN Health and Nutmeg Big Brothers Big Sister’s provide our school community with learning opportunities and professional development.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Unique STEM pilot flight simulators where students artificially recreate an aircraft’s flight for pilot training and design
- Engineering classes offer students the opportunity to design and construct models in co-op groups
- STEM Plus classes, LEGO® robotics, and coding enhance the traditional curriculum
- Students have extensive laboratory experiences using contemporary technologies for scientific inquiry, mathematical calculation and engineering design
- The inclusion of STEM into the traditional curriculum serves as an incentive to students to move from “learning to read” to “reading to learn”
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Sports: Track, flag football, soccer and basketball
Clubs and activities include Dungeons and Dragons
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!