Breakthrough Magnet School, North
School Message Board
Late Application InformationWe have limited availability, but there’s still time to apply! Seats may become available at the following grade(s) for the 2021-22 school year.
Student Registration Information
Student registration is one of the last steps of the placement process. If you received a placement offer and accepted a seat at this school for the upcoming 2021-2022 School Year (beginning August 2021) please contact the school directly for registration instructions and next steps. On-line Registration
The mission of Breakthrough Magnet School North is for staff, families, and community members of diverse backgrounds to work in partnership, developing students as models of outstanding character. At Breakthrough North, character development permeates all aspects of our curriculum. We empower students to be the authors of their own lives and develop their problem-solving skills to make responsible choices.
The vision at Breakthrough Magnet School North is to provide students with academic rigor, aesthetic appreciation, technological expertise, and physical expressiveness aimed at contributing to others. Breakthrough North is a school where families and teachers work together striving for academic success. We stress purposeful learning, whereby students gain knowledge, utilize higher order thinking, exercise the mind and body and value learning. All are trained and instructed in the unique Character Curriculum rooted in Positive Psychology and Mindfulness. At Breakthrough Magnet School-North, we celebrate our global community, and our students’ resultant lives are marked by vitality, effectiveness, health, and well-being.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- A unique character education/ social-emotional learning curriculum infused with intentional mindfulness training
- Recognized by Magnet Schools of America as a School of Excellence in 2019
- Multi-age classrooms and rigorous academic core classes
- Community partnerships with Hartford Performs, Star-base STEM, Riverfront Recapture, Joan Dauber Food Bank, and Hands on Hartford provide students with opportunities in service learning
- Breakthrough Magnet North offers multi-age classrooms, grouping grades PK3 and PK4, kindergarten and grade 1, grades 2 and 3, and grades 4 and 5. Every Friday, the school community gathers for weekly community meetings in which students and classes have the opportunity to showcase learning aligned with our character theme.
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Breakthrough Magnet North offers Safety Patrol, Gardening, and Band/Instrument lessons.
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!