Breakthrough Magnet School, North
The Character Education theme focuses on educating the whole child and prepare students for success in middle school, high school, and beyond as citizens and contributing members of society.
Hartford, CT 06112
School Message Board
Welcome to Breakthrough Magnet School – North!
We are delighted that your child has received an invitation to attend our Magnet School for the 2022-2023 School Year. To secure your child’s seat for the upcoming school year, please follow this two-step acceptance and registration process.
- Accept your child’s seat by logging in to your RSCO account and adhere to the RSCO deadline. We encourage you to submit your response as soon as possible.
- Please note: if you opt to decline the placement seat, your child will not receive another placement offer for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Register your child by completing the on-line registration. All registration documents must be received to officially enroll your child at our school. Please refer to the list below of required documents.
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID – Driver’s License, Passport, or Government issued ID
- Proof of Residency (utility bill such as cable, light, gas, water, home or car insurance or property tax bill)
- State of CT Health Assessment Record Form. An updated physical is required for all students.
- Authorization for Release of Student Records (if applicable).
Please register as quickly as possible. We can help upload your documents to the registration portal. Contact us at 860-695-6380.
The mission of Breakthrough Magnet School North is for staff, families, and community members of diverse backgrounds to work in partnership, developing students as models of outstanding character. At Breakthrough North, character development permeates all aspects of our curriculum. We empower students to be the authors of their own lives and develop their problem-solving skills to make responsible choices.
The vision at Breakthrough Magnet School North is to provide students with academic rigor, aesthetic appreciation, technological expertise, and physical expressiveness aimed at contributing to others. Breakthrough North is a school where families and teachers work together striving for academic success. We stress purposeful learning, whereby students gain knowledge, utilize higher order thinking, exercise the mind and body and value learning. All are trained and instructed in the unique Character Curriculum rooted in Positive Psychology and Mindfulness. At Breakthrough Magnet School-North, we celebrate our global community, and our students’ resultant lives are marked by vitality, effectiveness, health, and well-being.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- A unique character education/ social-emotional learning curriculum infused with intentional mindfulness training
- Recognized by Magnet Schools of America as a School of Excellence in 2019
- Multi-age classrooms and rigorous academic core classes
- Community partnerships with Hartford Performs, Star-base STEM, Riverfront Recapture, Joan Dauber Food Bank, and Hands on Hartford provide students with opportunities in service learning
- Breakthrough Magnet North offers multi-age classrooms, grouping grades PK3 and PK4, kindergarten and grade 1, grades 2 and 3, and grades 4 and 5. Every Friday, the school community gathers for weekly community meetings in which students and classes have the opportunity to showcase learning aligned with our character theme.
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Breakthrough Magnet North offers Safety Patrol, Gardening, and Band/Instrument lessons.