Capital Preparatory Magnet School
School Message Board
Late Application InformationWe have limited availability, but there’s still time to apply! Seats may become available at the following grade(s) for the 2021-22 school year.
Student Registration Information
Student registration is one of the last steps of the placement process. If you received a placement offer and accepted a seat at this school for the upcoming 2021-2022 School Year (beginning August 2021) please contact the school directly for registration instructions and next steps. On-line Registration
Capital Preparatory Magnet School staff provide an educational environment that creates opportunities for all students to realize and fulfill their social, academic, and civic responsibilities by developing skills necessary for students to become agents of social change. Capital Preparatory Magnet School aspires to create a community of lifelong learners who will be assets to their community by working towards Social Justice. The Capital Preparatory Magnet School is a year-round Pre- K through 12th grade school. Its College Preparatory environment is wrapped around a Social Justice theme that is integrated into the rigorous curriculum and instruction experience. Capital Prep boasts 100% college admittance for each graduating senior. Through our academic and Social Justice initiatives, Capital Prep students discover their passions and immense potential with talented and engaging teachers and an energetic and diverse peer group.
Capital Prep has previously been named one of the best schools in America by US News & World Report Magazine and a host of other media outlets.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Unique 11-month calendar that runs from July to May
- Creates opportunities for students to realize and fulfill their social, academic and civic responsibilities and become agents of social change
- Full-day PK3, PK4 & kindergarten
- Offers Gifted & Talented curriculum in PK3–Grade 5 program
- Our five Learner Expectations include Collaborators, Problem-Solvers, Researcher/Information Processors, Empathetic Citizens and Pillars of Knowledge Boasts on the promise of 100% college admittance for each graduating senior
- Offers students in the high school the opportunity to take college classes at Capital Community College
- 100% of graduating seniors are accepted into colleges and universities.
- Year-round college preparatory school committed to coaching students to be agents of change in their lives and communities
- Magnet Schools of America National Award of Merit
- Several teachers have been finalists for Hartford’s Districtwide Teacher of the Year
- 97.7% four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Capital Prep athletics has six state championships.
Performing Arts partnership with Hartford Performs.
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!