RSCO On-line Application for the 2023-24 School Year Coming in December
Capital Preparatory Magnet School
With a focus on social justice, character education, and civic leadership, these schools promote social and individual responsibility, global understanding, community engagement, and student empowerment. Academics, field experiences, and leadership skills help students develop tenacity, accomplishment, courage, community wellness, and a commitment to justice.
Hartford, CT 06103
School Message Board
Welcome to Capital Preparatory Magnet School!
We are delighted that your child has received an invitation to attend our Magnet School for the 2022-2023 School Year. To secure your child’s seat for the upcoming school year, please follow this two-step acceptance and registration process.
- Accept your child’s seat by logging in to your RSCO account and adhere to the RSCO deadline. We encourage you to submit your response as soon as possible.
- Please note: if you opt to decline the placement seat, your child will not receive another placement offer for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Register your child by completing the on-line registration. All registration documents must be received to officially enroll your child at our school. Please refer to the list below of required documents.
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID – Driver’s License, Passport, or Government issued ID
- Proof of Residency (utility bill such as cable, light, gas, water, home or car insurance or property tax bill)
- State of CT Health Assessment Record Form. An updated physical is required for all students.
- Authorization for Release of Student Records (if applicable).
Please register as quickly as possible. We can help upload your documents to the registration portal. Contact us at 860-695-9800.
Capital Preparatory Magnet School staff provide an educational environment that creates opportunities for all students to realize and fulfill their social, academic, and civic responsibilities by developing skills necessary for students to become agents of social change. Capital Preparatory Magnet School aspires to create a community of lifelong learners who will be assets to their community by working towards Social Justice. The Capital Preparatory Magnet School is a year-round Pre- K through 12th grade school. Its College Preparatory environment is wrapped around a Social Justice theme that is integrated into the rigorous curriculum and instruction experience. Capital Prep boasts 100% college admittance for each graduating senior. Through our academic and Social Justice initiatives, Capital Prep students discover their passions and immense potential with talented and engaging teachers and an energetic and diverse peer group.
Capital Prep has previously been named one of the best schools in America by US News & World Report Magazine and a host of other media outlets.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Unique 11-month calendar that runs from July to May
- Creates opportunities for students to realize and fulfill their social, academic and civic responsibilities and become agents of social change
- Full-day PK3, PK4 & kindergarten
- Offers Gifted & Talented curriculum in PK3–Grade 5 program
- Our five Learner Expectations include Collaborators, Problem-Solvers, Researcher/Information Processors, Empathetic Citizens and Pillars of Knowledge Boasts on the promise of 100% college admittance for each graduating senior
- Offers students in the high school the opportunity to take college classes at Capital Community College
- 100% of graduating seniors are accepted into colleges and universities.
- Year-round college preparatory school committed to coaching students to be agents of change in their lives and communities
- Magnet Schools of America National Award of Merit
- Several teachers have been finalists for Hartford’s Districtwide Teacher of the Year
- 97.7% four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Capital Prep athletics has six state championships.
Performing Arts partnership with Hartford Performs.