Civic Leadership High School
School Message Board
Late Application InformationWe are accepting late applications for the following grades:
Civic Leadership High School inspires tomorrow’s leaders through academic excellence, service, and duty. A culture of civic engagement and service is the school’s core emphasis, requiring students to complete a minimum of 50 community service hours each year. These hands-on experiences provide students the opportunity to make a positive impact in their community and build their skillset to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. Students engage in specialized coursework and skills-based activities focused in Public Service, Environmental Science & Community Engagement; Fire Science & Emergency Medicine; Law, Government, and Homeland Security; and Law Enforcement. The rigorous, college-ready curriculum prepares students to attend the college of their choice, while specific training and education prepares students to meet the unique requirements of these rewarding professions.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Offers four pathways: Public Service, Environmental Science and Community Engagement; Fire Science and Emergency Medicine; Law, Government and Homeland Security; Law Enforcement
- Creates a culture of giving back through community service
- Develops students to become civic leaders through hands-on, skills-based activities
- Provides extended learning experiences through service learning and job shadowing
- Offers opportunities for internships and to earn public safety certifications
- Opportunity to earn up to 40 college credits: Asnuntuck CC, UConn
- On-site college professors
- Public Safety certifications: FEMA, EMT, CPR/FirstAid
- 2019 & 2020 Capital Region Athletic Council Sportsmanship winners
- Senior Capstone
- Senior Internships
- 45 hours volunteer service (service learning) by graduation
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Experiential Field Trips
Crime Scene Lab
Emergency Operations Room
Student Leadership Development Lab
Fire Sciences Lab w working Fire Truck.
EMS Lab with a Fully-Stocked Ambulance
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!