Newly Extended Deadline March 19, 2021 for Magnet, Open Choice, and CTECS High Schools
Civic Leadership High School
Civic Leadership High School inspires tomorrow’s leaders through academic excellence, service, and duty. A culture of civic engagement and service is the school’s core emphasis, requiring students to complete a minimum of 50 community service hours each year. These hands-on experiences provide students the opportunity to make a positive impact in their community and build their skillset to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. Students engage in specialized coursework and skills-based activities focused in Public Service, Environmental Science & Community Engagement; Fire Science & Emergency Medicine; Law, Government, and Homeland Security; and Law Enforcement. The rigorous, college-ready curriculum prepares students to attend the college of their choice, while specific training and education prepares students to meet the unique requirements of these rewarding professions.
- Offers four pathways: Public Service, Environmental Science and Community Engagement; Fire Science and Emergency Medicine; Law, Government and Homeland Security; Law Enforcement
- Creates a culture of giving back through community service
- Develops students to become civic leaders through hands-on, skills-based activities
- Provides extended learning experiences through service learning and job shadowing
- Offers opportunities for internships and to earn public safety certifications
- Opportunity to earn up to 40 college credits: Asnuntuck CC, UConn
- On-site college professors
- Public Safety certifications: FEMA, EMT, CPR/FirstAid
- 2019 & 2020 Capital Region Athletic Council Sportsmanship winners
- Senior Capstone
- Senior Internships
- 45 hours volunteer service (service learning) by graduation
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Experiential Field Trips
Crime Scene Lab
Emergency Operations Room
Student Leadership Development Lab
Fire Sciences Lab w working Fire Truck.
EMS Lab with a Fully-Stocked Ambulance
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!