Classical Magnet School
School Message Board
Late Application InformationWe are accepting late applications for the following grades:
Classical prepares students for acceptance into competitive colleges and universities. Students participate in a rigorous liberal arts curriculum rooted in a study of the classics while embracing the common elements of the human experience found in other cultures.
The instructional model is based on the Paideia philosophy of education, which believes that human beings are primarily defined by their capacity and desire for learning. Students demonstrate a mastery of academics and actively participate in Paideia-based, coached project learning. Students are expected to demonstrate their ability to read and comprehend literature, write persuasively, think clearly, communicate effectively and solve problems. In addition to five core subjects, students choose from electives in Theatre, Music, Visual Arts and Physical Education. They model good citizenship and interpersonal skills through the completion of service learning and demonstration of the school’s core values of Dignitas, Gravitas, Pietas. Students are part of a community where they are learning not just for school, but for life.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Liberal arts, college prep program with extensive offerings in theater, art, and music
- Offers sixteen varsity sports and various middle school sport opportunities
- Adherence to the Paideia philosophy where students learn through seminar discussions and interdisciplinary coached projects
- Boasts high college acceptance rate with many graduates attending prestigious 4 years colleges and universities
- Adherence to the principles of the Paideia Philosophy that all children deserve the same high-quality education.
- Classical Magnet School offers a rigorous curriculum designed to prepare students for success at a competitive 4-year liberal arts college.
- Students demonstrate a mastery of academics and participate actively in Paideia-based, coached project learning.
- 95.8% four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Liberal arts college prep program with extensive offerings in theater, art, and music
Offers sixteen varsity sports and various middle school sport opportunities
Adherence to the Paideia philosophy where students learn through seminar discussions and interdisciplinary coached projects
Boasts high college
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!