Connecticut IB Academy
School Message Board
Late Application InformationWe have limited availability, but there’s still time to apply! Seats may become available at the following grade(s) for the 2021-22 school year.
We are happy to welcome our new students from the Class of 2024 and Class of 2025 and their families!
EVENTS FOR PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS
New Student Orientation
We will hold a New Student Orientation for all new CIBA students. The orientation consists of engaging and fun experiences that will orient you to CIBA and to our IB programmes. You will get an opportunity to begin building relationships with your peers, current CIBA students, and staff. There is also a service component to the experience.
Date: August 2021 (Date TBD)
Location: Connecticut IB Academy, 857 Forbes Street, East Hartford, CT 06118
STUDENT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Student registration is one of the last steps of the placement process. Families must register their child within 14 days of accepting their placement offer. If you haven’t received a communication from us within a few days of you accepting your placement offer, please visit our CIBA Student Registration Information webpage for contact information and registration resources.
The Connecticut IB Academy’s philosophy of teaching and learning aligns with the approaches supported by recent research on best practices in international education as well as the standards and practices advocated by the International Baccalaureate.
The Connecticut IB Academy (CIBA) is an authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, © an internationally-recognized educational model that focuses on depth, breadth and developing learners as independent, internationally-minded thinkers and problem solvers. The IB is a course of study that exceeds traditional academic boundaries and extends far beyond the classroom. Contrary to common belief, while the IB emphasizes international mindedness, it is not in itself an international studies program, but rather a rich, broad academic program that encourages learners to connect their knowledge to the world around them, whether in the sciences, mathematics or humanities. The IB programmes have a high level of respect and recognition among the world’s leading higher education institutions which may result in advanced course standing, course credit, scholarships and other admissions related benefits for CIBA students.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Middle Years Programme (MYP) in grades 9–10 and IB Diploma Programme (DP) in grades 11–12
- Highly rigorous, fast-paced, and challenging academic requirements above and beyond a traditional high school
- ALL honors level IB courses Improved opportunities for college admission and excellent preparation for college success
- Opportunity to study with international students as well as international field study and exchange programs offered
- Numerous athletics offered by East Hartford High School and CIBA clubs
- 2020 US News and World Report: #1 High School in Connecticut
- 2020 US News and World Report: #1 Hartford, CT Metro Area High Schools
- 2020 Niche: #11 Most Diverse Public High School in CT
- 2020 Niche: #19 Best College Prep Public High School
- 2019 and 2020 Great Schools College Success Award
- 2017 U.S. State Department Medallion Partner in Global Diplomacy
- 100% four-year graduation rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
CIBA students can try out and play any sport offered at East Hartford High School. Fall sports include: Badminton, cross country, football, soccer, cheerleading, swimming & diving, and volleyball. Winter sports include: Basketball, indoor track, swimming, wrestling, and cheerleading. Spring sports include: Baseball, golf, softball, tennis, track, and volleyball.
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!