The RSCO School Choice Application for the 2024-25 School Year is Open! Apply Now!
Connecticut IB Academy
The IB theme is geared toward the 21st century global environment by preparing students for college and beyond through rigorous academics, critical-thinking, and independence. IB uses the international baccalaureate learner profile to challenge students through global-minded academics to get them ready to participate in the world with intercultural understanding and respect.
East Hartford, CT 06118
The Connecticut IB Academy’s philosophy of teaching and learning aligns with the approaches supported by recent research on best practices in international education as well as the standards and practices advocated by the International Baccalaureate.
The Connecticut IB Academy (CIBA) is an authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, © an internationally-recognized educational model that focuses on depth, breadth and developing learners as independent, internationally-minded thinkers and problem solvers. The IB is a course of study that exceeds traditional academic boundaries and extends far beyond the classroom. Contrary to common belief, while the IB emphasizes international mindedness, it is not in itself an international studies program, but rather a rich, broad academic program that encourages learners to connect their knowledge to the world around them, whether in the sciences, mathematics or humanities. The IB programmes have a high level of respect and recognition among the world’s leading higher education institutions which may result in advanced course standing, course credit, scholarships and other admissions related benefits for CIBA students.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Middle Years Programme (MYP) in grades 9–10 and IB Diploma Programme (DP) in grades 11–12
- Highly rigorous, fast-paced, and challenging academic requirements above and beyond a traditional high school
- ALL honors level IB courses Improved opportunities for college admission and excellent preparation for college success
- Opportunity to study with international students as well as international field study and exchange programs offered
- Numerous athletics offered by East Hartford High School and CIBA clubs
- 2020 US News and World Report: #1 High School in Connecticut
- 2020 US News and World Report: #1 Hartford, CT Metro Area High Schools
- 2020 Niche: #11 Most Diverse Public High School in CT
- 2020 Niche: #19 Best College Prep Public High School
- 2019 and 2020 Great Schools College Success Award
- 2017 U.S. State Department Medallion Partner in Global Diplomacy
- 100% four-year graduation rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
CIBA students can try out and play any sport offered at East Hartford High School. Fall sports include: Badminton, cross country, football, soccer, cheerleading, swimming & diving, and volleyball. Winter sports include: Basketball, indoor track, swimming, wrestling, and cheerleading. Spring sports include: Baseball, golf, softball, tennis, track, and volleyball.