RSCO On-line Application for the 2023-24 School Year Coming in December
Connecticut River Academy at Goodwin University
East Hartford, CT 06118
School Message Board
Student Registration Information
Student registration is one of the last steps of the placement process. Families must register their child within 14 days of accepting their placement offer. If you haven’t received a communication from us within a few days of you accepting your placement offer, please contact email@example.com or visit our website.
The Connecticut River Academy at Goodwin University (CTRA) prepares scholars in grades 6 to 12 with the academic proficiencies and 21st century competencies needed to be successful in post-secondary education and careers of the future. Named a National Magnet School of Excellence and accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. (NEASC), CTRA is an early college model with opportunities to earn 35 tuition-free, transferable college credits while still in high school. Scholars in grades 9-12 participate in hands-on, 21st century learning in Advanced Manufacturing and Environmental Studies. Scholars in our middle grades program focus on the themes of Innovative Technology and Creative Design. Scholars in all grades access state-of-the-art facilities and technologies including collegiate-level science labs, a manufacturing annex, and laptop computers for each learner. All scholars may participate in internship opportunities with high-tech corporations, providing real-world experience in the advanced science and technology industries. Awareness, Diversity, and Action are the foundation of CTRA’s core values and beliefs, and shape how CTRA realizes their mission of breaking down racial, ethnic, social, economic, and academic barriers.
Riverside Magnet School at Goodwin University 5th grade students have a direct pathway option to attend 6th grade at Connecticut River Academy at Goodwin University. To be considered for this direct pathway placement, you must submit an on-time 2022-23 RSCO online application with Connecticut River Academy at Goodwin University as your first choice.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Named a National Magnet School of Excellence and accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. (NEASC)
- Early College model with opportunities to earn 35 tuition-free, transferable college credits while still in high school
- Hands-on, 21st century learning in Advanced Manufacturing and Environmental Studies in grades 9-12
- Middle grade program focus on themes of Innovative Technology and Creative Design to prepare students for high school, college, and careers of the future
- Waterfront campus with state-of-the-art-facilities and technology including collegiate level science labs, robotics, manufacturing annex, research vessel, and laptop computers for every student
- Internship opportunities with high-tech corporations
- School-wide commitment to restorative practices, culturally relevant curriculum
- 95.2% four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Student Council, National Honor Society, Black Student Union, Student Activists, Green Team/Envirothon, GSA, Rowing, Basketball, Volleyball, and Flag football