Newly Extended Deadline March 19, 2021 for Magnet, Open Choice, and CTECS High Schools
Coventry School District
A suburban community of approximately 12,000 residents located in northeastern Connecticut in Tolland County, Coventry is close to Interstate 84, which runs between Boston and New York State, and is near the University of Connecticut, Eastern Connecticut State University, and Manchester Community College, all popular universities attended by Coventry graduates. Coventry Public Schools collaborates closely with universities for internships, student-teaching partnerships, and community service work
Our Coventry Public Schools mission states: “The Coventry Public Schools will prepare every student for life, learning and work in the 21st century.” The Board of Education has a strong commitment to ensuring that every student leaves our district college and career ready with the 21st century skills necessary to meet success. This commitment is evident by the three district goals adopted by the Board of Education:
• Identify, define, and measure the critical skills and attributes that are required for success and align systems to continuously improve student performance and achievement.
• Maintain and promote a positive and respectful learning community.
• Recruit, retain, and develop high-quality staff at every level.
A high performing school district, Coventry Public Schools boasts a collaborative culture and best practices in teaching and learning that lead to outstanding student achievement. Our Portrait of the Graduate ensures that our students are empowered learners who have the knowledge, skills, and habits of mind to thrive as members of a complex society. Our rigorous academic program provides diverse and innovative learning opportunities for all students and experiences that extend learning beyond the walls of our schools focused on college and career readiness.
Our talented and dedicated teachers bring passion to education and embrace the academic, social, and emotional development of students. Coventry Public Schools has a goal to recruit and employ a diversified, qualified, and talented teaching staff.
Hartford residents entering Pre-Kindergarten Age 4 through Grade 10 and living in Zone 2 may apply to attend this school.
- Coventry Public Schools Portrait of a Graduate promotes the competencies of Critical Thinker, Engaged Collaborator, Empowered Citizen, Authentic Innovator, and Effective Communicator
- One to One Devices, grades K-12; Computer Science Standards include aligned instruction beginning in Kindergarten
- Evening Family Events that pair academics and learning with family activities
- Experiential Learning and Opportunities that promote learning beyond the walls of the classroom, including academic and experiential field trips (international experiences), Out of this World Science Day featuring a Sky Dome, skyping with astronauts from NASA, interdisciplinary projects
- Highly Successful Tiered Intervention and Gifted and Talented Programing: Meets the academic needs of all students
- Strong Partnerships with Parents and Families: Provides active and involved parent groups
- G.H. Robertson School (grades 3–5) — National Blue Ribbon School and CSDE School of Distinction (3 times)
- Coventry High School Ranked 39 in CT by US News and World Report — #1 in our District Reference Group (DRG)
- Coventry Public Schools Ranked 33 in CT by Niche — #1 in our DRG
- Coventry High School principal, named Principal of the Year by the Connecticut Association of Schools
- Capt. Nathan Hale School (grades 6-8) Awarded New England League of Middle Schools Spotlight School recognition
- University of Connecticut Site District for Pre-Professional Program
- Advanced Placement Program: Exceptionally robust with 45% of students in Grades 10-12 participating.
- 95.3 % four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
16 varsity sports as well as various junior varsity, intramurals, recreational sports, and clubs focused on wellness and fitness
Academic clubs including Coding, Robotics, Future Problem Solvers, and Paints on Fire
Many philanthropic service drives at each school including the CT Pajama Day Drive for CMCC begun by a Coventry student
A variety of academic as well as experiential field trips including international exchanges and trips, visits to theaters, museums, ropes courses, and local sites
Spirit Days and Family Fun Nights
CHS Outstanding Drama Club; Student Leadership groups at each school which include the Superintendent’s Student Focus Groups, Student Council, National Honor Society, and National Junior Honor Society”
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!