Now accepting late applications!
An emphasis on 21st century science and technology drive the core curriculum at STEM and STEM-related schools. This theme also includes programs with a focus on environmental sciences. STEM prepares students for our global, technology-driven future and fosters inquiring minds, logical reasoning, and great collaboration.
Wethersfield, CT 06109
Discovery Academy challenges students with high-quality, hands-on experiences to engage, explore, and develop a deep understanding of the world around them. Weekly, students attend a unique Design Lab class specializing in coding, robotics, and engineering. On-site, students take advantage of the school’s nature trails, planting beds, and rooftop garden areas bringing learning to life. Working with community partners, students engage in additional science experiences and field studies that further enhance the school’s theme. Students become strong problem-solvers equipped with the skills necessary to propel the world forward.
Discovery 5th grade students have a direct pathway option to attend 6th grade at Academy of Science and Innovation 6 to 12. To be considered for this direct pathway placement, you must submit an on-time 2023-24 RSCO online application Academy of Science and Innovation 6 to 12 as your first choice.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Weekly Design Lab class specializing in coding, robotics, and the engineering design process
- Hands-on learning experiences that challenge students’ creativity and thinking
- Connects students with the Invention Convention, UConn Engineering Ambassadors, and specialists
- Offers rooftop and Pre-K gardens, butterfly garden and Bioswale
- Three-time Magnet Schools of America Merit School of Distinction
- State finalists in CT Invention Convention
- Top CREC and CT writing awards for multiple years
- STEM Achievement Award
- Human Rights CEA Award
- Excellence in Elementary School Science Teaching Award
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Taste of Discovery
Integrated STEM Curriculum