Join us for our In-Person RSCO Fair on Sat. Nov. 13th More Info
Discovery Academy challenges students with high-quality, hands-on experiences to engage, explore, and develop a deep understanding of the world around them. Weekly, students attend a unique Design Lab class specializing in coding, robotics, and engineering. On-site, students take advantage of the school’s nature trails, planting beds, and rooftop garden areas bringing learning to life. Working with community partners, students engage in additional science experiences and field studies that further enhance the school’s theme. Students become strong problem-solvers equipped with the skills necessary to propel the world forward.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Weekly Design Lab class specializing in coding, robotics, and the engineering design process
- Hands-on learning experiences that challenge students’ creativity and thinking
- Connects students with the Invention Convention, UConn Engineering Ambassadors, and specialists
- Offers rooftop and Pre-K gardens, butterfly garden and Bioswale
- Three-time Magnet Schools of America Merit School of Distinction
- State finalists in CT Invention Convention
- Top CREC and CT writing awards for multiple years
- STEM Achievement Award
- Human Rights CEA Award
- Excellence in Elementary School Science Teaching Award
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Taste of Discovery
Integrated STEM Curriculum
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!