East Granby School District
District Message Board
Late Application InformationWe have limited availability, but there’s still time to apply! Seats may become available at the following grade(s) for the 2021-22 school year.
STUDENT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
The Open Choice program office will notify you by email within in two (2) days of accepting this placement offer. If you do not receive an email in two days, please contact the Open Choice program office at OpenChoice@crec.org.
East Granby Public Schools is comprised of four schools that engage students in high-quality learning experiences. The Carl D. Allgrove School houses the PK–grade 2 program. R.D. Seymour School is a newly renovated facility that houses grades 3–5. East Granby Middle School is comprised of students in grades 6–8, and East Granby High School includes grades 9–12. East Granby Public Schools is a learning community where students are inspired and engaged in rigorous and authentic learning experiences that prepare them to meet the demands of a changing world. Students pursue knowledge in 21st century learning environments that foster development of individual talents, skills, and interests so they may achieve their personal and career goals. Educators, parents, students, and community partners are important stakeholders in the success of the East Granby Public Schools. Together, these work to ensure that students achieve high expectations and are prepared for productive and successful futures.
Hartford residents entering Pre-Kindergarten Age 4 through Grade 10 and living in Zone 1 may apply to attend this school.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- 5th Year Associate degree programs in advanced manufacturing and business
- Offers 12 Advanced Placement classes in high school
- R.D. Seymour School & EGHS – Schools of Distinction
- 2013 Best Bang for the Buck School District #14
- 2015 Newsweek Top 500 High School
- EGHS 2017 U.S. News and World Report, Gold Rating, ranked #3 in CT, #294 in U.S.A.
- 2019 Best High Schools Silver badge — U.S. News and World Report
- 2017 3rd best high school in CT — U.S. News and World Report
- Small class sizes
- Family Resource Center (FRC) and a preschool program
- Elementary School of Distinction 2017, 2018 & 2019
- Restorative Philosophy practices
- Fully inclusive programming
- Successful Scientific Research Based Interventions (SRBI) protocols
- 100 % four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Varsity & JV sports programs
Various clubs and afterschool programs (GSA, Student Council, Math team)
Music programs: Choir, Band, Jazz Band
Theatre Arts program
Partner with “Resilience Grows Here” for social and emotional development
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!