Expeditionary Learning Academy at Moylan School
Hartford, CT 06106
School Message Board
Welcome to the Expeditionary Learning Academy at Moylan School!
We are delighted that your child has received an invitation to attend our Open Choice School for the 2022-2023 School Year. We have taken steps we hope will simplify the acceptance and registration process. To secure your child’s seat for the upcoming school year, please follow the process below.
- Accept your child’s seat by logging in to your RSCO account and adhere to the RSCO deadline. We encourage you to submit your response as soon as possible.
- Please note: if you opt to decline the placement seat, your child will not receive another placement offer for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Once you have accepted your child’s seat, it is important to note that registration is a 2-Step process.
- Step 1: Complete the Hartford Public Schools (HPS) Open Choice online registration. If you have difficulty with the registration process, please contact Jimena Stevenson at Jimena.Stevenson@hartfordschools.org
- Step 2: Upon completion of the HPS Open Choice registration process, families will receive an email from Open Choice Program Office within five (5) business days with instructions for completing their child’s CREC PowerSchool registration. It is only after families complete both the Open Choice Program and CREC PowerSchool registrations that their child’s transportation will be assigned.
The EL Education at Moylan School teaches students to be “Crew, Not Passengers” by building a scholastic community that values academic achievement, high-quality student work, and character. Students engage in crew lessons tied to our Compass for Learners that cultivate a mindset of “Courtesy, Craftsmanship, Resilience, and Responsibility” so that students value community responsibility and take pride in academic achievement and work.
As an EL Education-themed school, students engage in a rigorous curriculum and participate in learning expeditions, field work, and service learning. Learning is based on a project-based research approach, where critical thinking and problem-solving skills are mastered. We partner with parents to ensure the academic success of their child through Student-Led Conferences, where students have an opportunity to share and explain their learning, and set future goals with parents and teachers.
At Moylan School, we foster students’ joy of learning and passion for helping others in order to develop thinkers and leaders who have the courage to take academic risks that strengthen character and positively contribute to the community.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- We teach students to be “crew, not passengers” by building a community that values academic
- As an Expeditionary Learning (EL) school, students participate in learning expeditions, field work, and service learning
- Each of our classrooms is equipped with SMART Boards and computers; students have access to laptop/iPad carts
- Students participate in a project-based, hands-on approach to learning that encourages them to effect positive change in their community.
- Students engage in in-depth learning “Expeditions” that integrate reading, writing, and service learning.
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Multiple activities after school in conjunction with our Community Partners, as well as before-school Honors Choir