Expeditionary Learning Academy at Moylan School
School Message Board
Late Application InformationWe have limited availability, but there’s still time to apply! Seats may become available at the following grade(s) for the 2021-22 school year.
Student Registration Information
Student registration is one of the last steps of the placement process. If you received a placement offer and accepted a seat at this school for the upcoming 2021-2022 School Year (beginning August 2021) please contact the school directly for registration instructions and next steps. On-line Registration
The EL Education at Moylan School teaches students to be “Crew, Not Passengers” by building a scholastic community that values academic achievement, high-quality student work, and character. Students engage in crew lessons tied to our Compass for Learners that cultivate a mindset of “Courtesy, Craftsmanship, Resilience, and Responsibility” so that students value community responsibility and take pride in academic achievement and work.
As an EL Education-themed school, students engage in a rigorous curriculum and participate in learning expeditions, field work, and service learning. Learning is based on a project-based research approach, where critical thinking and problem-solving skills are mastered. We partner with parents to ensure the academic success of their child through Student-Led Conferences, where students have an opportunity to share and explain their learning, and set future goals with parents and teachers.
At Moylan School, we foster students’ joy of learning and passion for helping others in order to develop thinkers and leaders who have the courage to take academic risks that strengthen character and positively contribute to the community.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- We teach students to be “crew, not passengers” by building a community that values academic
- As an Expeditionary Learning (EL) school, students participate in learning expeditions, field work, and service learning
- Each of our classrooms is equipped with SMART Boards and computers; students have access to laptop/iPad carts
- Students participate in a project-based, hands-on approach to learning that encourages them to effect positive change in their community.
- Students engage in in-depth learning “Expeditions” that integrate reading, writing, and service learning.
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Multiple activities after school in conjunction with our Community Partners, as well as before-school Honors Choir
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!