Now accepting late applications! Apply Now!
Join us on Sat., May 6th at RSCO’s next School Choice Fair to learn more about your PK-12 options and have fun at same time!
Expeditionary Learning Academy at Moylan School
Hartford, CT 06106
The EL Education at Moylan School teaches students to be “Crew, Not Passengers” by building a scholastic community that values academic achievement, high-quality student work, and character. Students engage in crew lessons tied to our Compass for Learners that cultivate a mindset of “Courtesy, Craftsmanship, Resilience, and Responsibility” so that students value community responsibility and take pride in academic achievement and work.
As an EL Education-themed school, students engage in a rigorous curriculum and participate in learning expeditions, field work, and service learning. Learning is based on a project-based research approach, where critical thinking and problem-solving skills are mastered. We partner with parents to ensure the academic success of their child through Student-Led Conferences, where students have an opportunity to share and explain their learning, and set future goals with parents and teachers.
At Moylan School, we foster students’ joy of learning and passion for helping others in order to develop thinkers and leaders who have the courage to take academic risks that strengthen character and positively contribute to the community.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- We teach students to be “crew, not passengers” by building a community that values academic
- As an Expeditionary Learning (EL) school, students participate in learning expeditions, field work, and service learning
- Each of our classrooms is equipped with SMART Boards and computers; students have access to laptop/iPad carts
- Students participate in a project-based, hands-on approach to learning that encourages them to effect positive change in their community.
- Students engage in in-depth learning “Expeditions” that integrate reading, writing, and service learning.
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Multiple activities after school in conjunction with our Community Partners, as well as before-school Honors Choir