Join us for our In-Person RSCO Fair on Sat. Nov. 13th More Info
Farmington School District
Farmington Public Schools believes that all students are capable of acquiring the knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed to be productive, ethical, and responsible citizens in an evolving world. As an innovative learning organization, the school district is deeply committed to continuous improvement. Thus, collaborative interactions among students, educators, parents, and families emphasize the importance of clear expectations, rigorous standards-led curriculum, inspired instruction, personal effort, and engaged relationships. This leads to high levels of achievement for all learners. The mission of Farmington Public Schools is to enable all students to achieve academic and personal excellence; to exhibit persistent effort; and to live as resourceful, inquiring, and contributing global citizens.
Hartford residents entering Pre-Kindergarten Age 4 through Grade 10 and living in Zone 3 may apply to attend this school.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Student-centered teaching and learning
- Focus on the vision of the graduate thinking and learning skills
- High expectations and strong support for all children
- Core Beliefs: Equity Matters, Relationships Matter, Results Matter
- Technology is used as a tool for learning
- AP Scholars
- AVID Programming for College Readiness
- Seal of Biliteracy
- Senior CAPSTONE self-directed projects
- Challenge and Support Blocks in the school day
- “RULER” Five key emotion skills approach to supporting Social Emotional Learning
- STEM Programming and Partnership with JAX Laboratories
- Internships and Job Shadowing Personal Finance
- 99.3 % four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
15 Different Social Justice Clubs – grade 5 – 12
Nationally Ranked Music Programming
FIRST Robotics Winning teams
Varsity, JV, Freshmen Athletics & Intramurals
Debate, Economics, Fashion Design, Theater, Peer Leaders, and many other Clubs & Activities
Student Voice and Leadership in School Improvement Goals
FHS Connect – Service Related Events and Activities
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!