RSCO On-line Application for the 2023-24 School Year Coming in December
Global Communications Academy
Hartford, CT 06120
School Message Board
Welcome to Global Communications Academy!
We are delighted that your child has received an invitation to attend our Open Choice School for the 2022-2023 School Year. We have taken steps we hope will simplify the acceptance and registration process. To secure your child’s seat for the upcoming school year, please follow the process below.
- Accept your child’s seat by logging in to your RSCO account and adhere to the RSCO deadline. We encourage you to submit your response as soon as possible.
- Please note: if you opt to decline the placement seat, your child will not receive another placement offer for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Once you have accepted your child’s seat, it is important to note that registration is a 2-Step process.
- Step 1: Complete the Hartford Public Schools (HPS) Open Choice online registration. If you have difficulty with the registration process, please contact Jimena Stevenson at Jimena.Stevenson@hartfordschools.org
- Step 2: Upon completion of the HPS Open Choice registration process, families will receive an email from Open Choice Program Office within five (5) business days with instructions for completing their child’s CREC PowerSchool registration. It is only after families complete both the Open Choice Program and CREC PowerSchool registrations that their child’s transportation will be assigned.
Global Communications Academy scholars are future world leaders!
At Global Communications Academy, we prepare our students for world citizenship using an array of opportunities to inquire and develop intellectual, academic, social and communication skills through an international school design.
- Global Communications Academy is part of the Association of International Baccalaureate (IB) World Schools, offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP) in Grades K-5.
- The IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) focuses on the development of the whole child as an inquirer, both in the classroom and in the world around them.
- Global Communications Academy works with five elements, Knowledge, Concept, Skill, Attitude, and Action, to construct a rigorous curriculum that is transdisciplinary, engaging, relevant, and that supports students in becoming lifelong learners.
- The Learner Profile is the heart of the IB program. It helps develop globally minded students who are empowered to create a better and more peaceful, just world.
- We promote individual and collective voice as well as respect for humanity and the environment as we strive to create a better and more peaceful world.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Included as part of the Association of International Baccalaureate World Schools, offering the Primary Years Programme for students in grades K–5
- International school design provides an array of opportunities to inquire and develop intellectual, academic, social and communication skills
- Offers a rigorous academic curriculum with three embedded themes: global issues, global systems and global cultures
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Basketball, Soccer, and Track