Global Experience Magnet School
School Message Board
Late Application InformationWe are accepting late applications for the following grades:
Global Experience Magnet School (GEMS) welcomes prospective families that received a placement offer for the 2021-22 school year!
- Welcome to GEMS! A Message to Prospective Families
- Testimonials from GEMS Families, Students, and Staff
- How to Respond and Helpful Information
Events for Prospective Students
GEMS welcomes families that received a placement offer to attend a Virtual Open House with the principal. This virtual event will include a brief presentation about the school and then a question and answer session.
- Saturday, May 8, 2021 (10:00 to 10:30 am)
- Monday, May 10, 2021 (5:30 to 6:00 pm)
- Thursday, May 13, 2021 (5:30 to 6:00 pm)
STUDENT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Student registration is one of the last steps of the placement process. Families must register their child within 14 days of accepting their placement offer. If you haven’t received a communication from us within a few days of you accepting your placement offer, please visit our Student Registration Information webpage for contact information and registration resources.
At Global Experience Magnet School, which our school community warmly calls “GEMS,” we make the world our classroom. GEMS gives students in grades 6–12 a well-rounded, college preparatory education and ensures their readiness to excel in a fast-paced, global economy. Global Experience Magnet School will provide a customized education, deeply rooted in experiences that will allow each student to reach their maximum academic and social potential. If your child is interested in traveling, and wants to be challenged in the classroom with an individualized curriculum and personal attention, then GEMS might be the perfect fit.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Small class size of approximately 15 to provide a challenging and customized education
- At least one international travel experience to Asia, Africa, Central America, or Europe
- Second language offerings in Mandarin-Chinese, French, and Spanish
- Students can earn up to 21 college credits (tuition free)
- Nationally Recognized School of Excellence by Magnet Schools of America
- Private school class size in a public school setting, with a student/ teacher ratio of approximately 15 to 1, to provide a personal and customized education
- Unique advisory curriculum focused on developing each student as a responsible, civic-minded, global citizen
Sports, Clubs & Activities
National Honor Society/National Junior Honor Society, GEMS Society (Honor Society), Student Government Association, Hiking/Ski Club, GSA (Gender Sexuality Alliance), Theatre Club, Yearbook Club, Environmental Club, Chess Club ,Dungeons & Dragons (virtual cosplay)
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!