RSCO On-line Application for the 2023-24 School Year Coming in December
Granby School District
Granby, CT 06035
District Message Board
Student Registration Information
After you accept your placement for the 2022-2023 school year, please complete this two-step registration process:
- Step 1: Register with your Open Choice District
- Step 2: Register with the Open Choice Program
Granby Public Schools, a professional learning community, provides a comprehensive educational program for about 1,900 students in PK–grade 12, and is dedicated to every student graduating on time and being prepared for 21st century citizenship. Granby is an outstanding rural school district with a dedicated and talented staff, enthusiastic student body, and an extremely supportive community. The district is characterized by its academic excellence; a rich variety of athletic, artistic, and co-curricular opportunities; community service; and high standards of personal behavior. A 21st Century vision and mission drives the work of the district. Granby has actively and successfully participated in Open Choice for more than 35 years. The district embraces cultural diversity. Students from Hartford and are fully included in the life of each school. Equity of outcomes for Hartford students is a district expectation.
Hartford residents entering Pre-Kindergarten Age 4 through Grade 10 and living in Zone 1 may apply to attend this school.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Dedicated Equity Taskforce designed to support the elimination of achievement gaps.
- Commitment to high levels of achievement for all students.
- Prioritization of minority teacher recruitment and retention.
- Rigorous course offerings and curricula focused on 21st century skills.
- Summer Enrichment Academy in partnership with the Granby YMCA.
Sports, Clubs & Activities
DECA Club (HS)
Robotics Club (MS/HS)
French/Spanish Exchange Program
Many other extracurricular and athletic opportunities.