Newly Extended Deadline March 19, 2021 for Magnet, Open Choice, and CTECS High Schools
Great Path Academy at MCC
Great Path Academy is an inter-district, magnet high school located on the campus of Manchester Community College. As a magnet school our primary goals are to promote an academically rigorous program and to reduce racial and economic isolation by recruiting a diverse learning community, which draws students from various towns. In addition to celebrating diversity, our magnet school’s curriculum is based on the school model known as “middle college high schools.”
Middle college high schools are part of a nationally growing trend to establish high schools on college campuses. The purpose of a middle college high school is to bridge the gap between secondary and post-secondary education by immersing high school students into the college community, as well as to provide access to college coursework.
Students at Great Path Academy are provided access to a full range of tuition free MCC courses, along with articulated high school courses to earn college credit. At Great Path Academy, students are provided with the opportunity to graduate with a high school diploma and Associate Degree from MCC.
Great Path Academy is committed to providing innovative learning that supports an environment where each student can become college ready through developing the values of self-discipline: to be respectful, to demonstrate effective work habits; to be responsible, and the life skills; to be safe, in order to achieve success.
- 2020 U.S. News & World Report Best High Schools
- Magnet School of Excellence 2018
- Students can earn up to 30 tuition-free college credits at Manchester Community College
- Personalized learning community, with real-world application and college readiness
- Enrichment clubs and extracurricular activities across a spectrum of interest
- Full immersion in the college campus allows for a unique educational and social experience
- Great Path Academy offers a rigorous academic curriculum. Classes include articulated courses, honors-level courses, and college prep courses.
- Articulated courses aligned with the college course standards offer additional opportunities to earn college credit within high school classes.
- 97.0% four-Year Graduate Rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Over 15 club options that occur during the day to include all students (i.e., Art Club, Dance/Step, Board Games, Film, Student Council)
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!