RSCO School Choice Fall Fair – Saturday, October 22, 9:30 am to 1:30 pm
Greater Hartford Academy of Arts – Half Day
Specifically geared toward students interested in art, music, dance, digital arts, creative writing, theater design, and other art forms, this theme integrates a rigorous core curriculum with instruction by professional artists focused on fine and performing arts.
School Message Board
Student Registration Information
Student registration is one of the last steps of the placement process. If you received a placement offer and accepted a seat at this school for the upcoming 2022-2023 School Year (beginning August 2022) please contact Raegan Bishop at the school directly at (860) 200-5554 email@example.com for your registration deadline and instructions on next steps.
Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts High School (Half Day) provides rigorous training in dance, music, musical theater, theater, theater design and production, and visual arts. Arts Academy courses expose students to work and study in a variety of disciplines, both to refine their abilities and to provide practical experience in a range of possible college career paths. Students who attend this intensive, pre-professional, half-day arts program have direct access to high-quality performance and rehearsal spaces while receiving instruction from the professional artists who bring unique expertise and experience to each class.
Full-Time High School Information:
- Hartford residents that are interested in applying to Arts High School–Half Day must enroll at Bulkeley High School for their academic classes in order to enroll in this half-day program.
- Non-Hartford residents that are interested in applying to Arts High School–Half Day program must speak with staff in their home school district to make sure that the home school high school has schedules which are compatible with the schedules at Arts High School—Half Day.
- Rigorous training in dance, music, musical theater, theater, theater design and production, and visual arts
- Students attend their district high school for core academic classes in the morning and then join practicing artist professionals in the afternoon
- Access to multiple performance and rehearsal spaces
- Robust performance season for students to apply class work and to showcase their training
- Premier arts program designed to prepare high school students for college arts programs and/or a career in the arts
- Pre-college, pre-professional training in dance, music, musical theater, theater, theater design & production, visual arts
- Rigorous 4-year curriculum with 200+ specialized arts classes
- ALL classes taught by practicing artist-instructors, recipients of many prestigious arts awards
- Specialized arts spaces Best Arts Magnet School, ASN
- Acceptances to many top colleges
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Auditions open to ALL students in ALL
Chamber Music Concert Series
Visual Arts Dept. Exhibitions
Black Box Productions
Jazz Choir and band
Student-directed Plays & Movement Rep
Senior Visual Arts Exhibition
Seniors Musical Theater Showcase