Greater Hartford Academy of Arts – Half Day
School Message Board
Late Application InformationWe have limited availability, but there’s still time to apply! Seats may become available at the following grade(s) for the 2021-22 school year.
STUDENT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Student registration is one of the last steps of the placement process. If you received a placement offer and accepted a seat at this school for the upcoming 2021-2022 School Year (beginning August 2021) please contact Raegan Bishop at the school directly at (860) 200-5554 email@example.com for your registration deadline and instructions on next steps.
Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts High School (Half Day) provides rigorous training in dance, music, musical theater, theater design and production, and visual arts. Arts Academy courses expose students to work and study in a variety of disciplines, both to refine their abilities and to provide practical experience in a range of possible college career paths. Students who attend this intensive, pre-professional, half-day arts program have direct access to high-quality performance and rehearsal spaces while receiving instruction from the professional artists who bring unique expertise and experience to each class.
*Hartford residents must enroll at Bulkeley High School for their academic classes in order to enroll in the half-day program.
**Students must be enrolled in a CT Public High School in order to enroll.
- Rigorous training in dance, music, musical theater, theater, theater design and production, and visual arts
- Students attend their district high school for core academic classes in the morning and then join practicing artist professionals in the afternoon
- Access to multiple performance and rehearsal spaces
- Robust performance season for students to apply class work and to showcase their training
- Premier arts program designed to prepare high school students for college arts programs and/or a career in the arts
- Pre-college, pre-professional training in dance, music, musical theater, theater, theater design & production, visual arts
- Rigorous 4-year curriculum with 200+ specialized arts classes
- ALL classes taught by practicing artist-instructors, recipients of many prestigious arts awards
- Specialized arts spaces Best Arts Magnet School, ASN
- Acceptances to many top colleges
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Auditions open to ALL students in ALL
Chamber Music Concert Series
Visual Arts Dept. Exhibitions
Black Box Productions
Jazz Choir and band
Student-directed Plays & Movement Rep
Senior Visual Arts Exhibition
Seniors Musical Theater Showcase
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!