Join us for our In-Person RSCO Fair on Sat. Nov. 13th More Info
Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts High School – Full Day
Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts High School (Full Day) provides an arts-integrated, college-preparatory high school program where art courses are taught by professional artists. Classes are designed to bring out the full creative and expressive voice in the student. Students prepare academically in core courses that include science, math and languages while combining a variety of arts courses throughout their day. They are able to pursue college and professional careers in music, media production, graphic design, creative writing, theater, dance, and movement. Students are encouraged to design their own path of creativity and discovery while they learn in an equitable, culturally competent environment.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Provides an arts-integrated, college-preparatory, comprehensive high school program
- Arts classes taught by professional artists
- Course offerings include classes in media production, graphic design, and dance/movement
- Opportunities for students to present media projects and written works, as well as exhibitions for graphic design and movement
- Best of Hartford “Best Magnet School” three consecutive years
- Students have won Wallace Stevens Poetry Competition for 8 consecutive years
- Faculty featured in Hartford Fringe Festival, Hartbeat Ensemble, and in local mural projects.
- 92.5% four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Project-Based Learning Instructional model with arts infusion
Events like “Works in Progress” night and “It’s a Wrap” semester celebrations
Senior Capstone presentation days and poster sessions
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!