RSCO School Choice Fall Fair – Saturday, October 22, 9:30 am to 1:30 pm
Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts High School – Full Day
Specifically geared toward students interested in art, music, dance, digital arts, creative writing, theater design, and other art forms, this theme integrates a rigorous core curriculum with instruction by professional artists focused on fine and performing arts.
School Message Board
Student Registration Information
Student registration is one of the last steps of the placement process. If you received a placement offer and accepted a seat at this school for the upcoming 2022-2023 School Year (beginning August 2022) please contact Evelyn De La Cruz at the school directly at (860) 539-9187 or firstname.lastname@example.org for your registration deadline and instructions on next steps.
Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts High School (Full Day) provides an arts-integrated, college-preparatory high school program where art courses are taught by professional artists. Classes are designed to bring out the full creative and expressive voice in the student. Students prepare academically in core courses that include science, math and languages while combining a variety of arts courses throughout their day. They are able to pursue college and professional careers in music, media production, graphic design, creative writing, theater, dance, and movement. Students are encouraged to design their own path of creativity and discovery while they learn in an equitable, culturally competent environment.
Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts Middle School 8th grade students have a direct pathway option to attend 9th grade at Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts High School—Full Day. To be considered for this direct pathway placement, you must an on time complete 2022-23 RSCO online application with Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts High School—Full Day as your first choice.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Provides an arts-integrated, college-preparatory, comprehensive high school program
- Arts classes taught by professional artists
- Course offerings include classes in media production, graphic design, and dance/movement
- Opportunities for students to present media projects and written works, as well as exhibitions for graphic design and movement
- Best of Hartford “Best Magnet School” three consecutive years
- Students have won Wallace Stevens Poetry Competition for 8 consecutive years
- Faculty featured in Hartford Fringe Festival, Hartbeat Ensemble, and in local mural projects.
- 92.5% four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Project-Based Learning Instructional model with arts infusion
Events like “Works in Progress” night and “It’s a Wrap” semester celebrations
Senior Capstone presentation days and poster sessions