Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts Magnet Middle
School Message Board
Late Application InformationWe have limited availability, but there’s still time to apply! Seats may become available at the following grade(s) for the 2021-22 school year.
STUDENT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Student registration is one of the last steps of the placement process. If you received a placement offer and accepted a seat at this school for the upcoming 2021-2022 School Year (beginning August 2021) please contact Raegan Bishop at the school directly at (860) 200-5554 or email@example.com for your registration deadline and instructions on next steps.
The school will be moved to its permanent location at 29 Griffin Road North, Bloomfield, CT 06002. More information to follow.
Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts Middle School provides a safe and caring space that encourages artistic expression and diversity while offering an integrated learning environment that combines a rigorous core curriculum with intensive arts instruction. Students are able to study creative writing, dance, digital arts, filmmaking, instrumental music, theater, musical theater, vocal music and the visual arts. The experiences students will have through coursework led by professional artists will shape their creativity in visual and performing arts. Students work with local professional artists and companies to develop projects and performances. There is always a visiting professional artist or arts company in residence at our school. Students are well prepared here for more advanced level work at one of the Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts High Schools.
*Students enrolled in grade 8 may automatically enroll at the Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts either at the Full Day or Half Day for grade 9 without submitting a RSCO application
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Combines a rigorous core curriculum with intensive arts instruction
- Opportunities for students to shape their creativity in visual and performing arts
- Integrates a minimum of 80 minutes of art instruction with professional artists
- Provides a safe and caring environment that encourages artistic expression and diversity
- Solution Tree nationally recognized Professional Learning Community model school 2016–present
- Solution Tree Success Story
- College Prep daily block focused on more time and support, intervention, enrichment, and extension
- Arts Middle Recognized as a National Model Professional Learning Community
- This is Share Day
- A Month at Arts MS
- Evening of the Arts
Sports, Clubs & Activities
15 Arts Staff
3 major performances a year
Visiting artist events
Professional artist instructors
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!