Newly Extended Deadline March 19, 2021 for Magnet, Open Choice, and CTECS High Schools
Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts Magnet Middle
The school will be moved to its permanent location at 29 Griffin Road North, Bloomfield, CT 06002. More information to follow.
Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts Middle School provides a safe and caring space that encourages artistic expression and diversity while offering an integrated learning environment that combines a rigorous core curriculum with intensive arts instruction. Students are able to study creative writing, dance, digital arts, filmmaking, instrumental music, theater, musical theater, vocal music and the visual arts. The experiences students will have through coursework led by professional artists will shape their creativity in visual and performing arts. Students work with local professional artists and companies to develop projects and performances. There is always a visiting professional artist or arts company in residence at our school. Students are well prepared here for more advanced level work at one of the Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts High Schools.
*Students enrolled in grade 8 may automatically enroll at the Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts either at the Full Day or Half Day for grade 9 without submitting a RSCO application
- Combines a rigorous core curriculum with intensive arts instruction
- Opportunities for students to shape their creativity in visual and performing arts
- Integrates a minimum of 80 minutes of art instruction with professional artists
- Provides a safe and caring environment that encourages artistic expression and diversity
- Solution Tree nationally recognized Professional Learning Community model school 2016–present
- Solution Tree Success Story
- College Prep daily block focused on more time and support, intervention, enrichment, and extension
- Arts Middle Recognized as a National Model Professional Learning Community
- This is Share Day
- A Month at Arts MS
- Evening of the Arts
Sports, Clubs & Activities
15 Arts Staff
3 major performances a year
Visiting artist events
Professional artist instructors
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!