The RSCO School Choice Application for the 2024-25 School Year is Open! Apply Now!
Hartford Magnet Trinity College Academy
Early College and College Preparatory themed schools focus on college and career readiness at graduation, using a college model environment and providing an early start on earning college credit.
Hartford, CT 06106
Our Team-Based Middle School model provides students with a rigorous academic program and a comprehensive array of related-arts classes including visual arts, performing arts, dance, band, orchestra, chorus and robotics.
HMTCA is proud to offer an Early College program with a focus on the Arts and Sciences, providing students with a rich selection of courses and enrichment programs in Music, Theater, Visual Arts, Dance, Computer Science, Engineering and Advanced Mathematics. Through our partnership with Trinity College, high school students participate in writing and science programs on campus and all seniors attend class on campus during their senior year. In addition, we offer thirteen AP Courses and Early College Experience Classes through UCONN. HMTCA offers small class sizes (10:1 certified teacher ratio) and a learning environment that demands rigorous, high quality work while meeting the needs of individual learners.
Our extended block schedule offers 84-minute classes. Our “TrinPrep” program provides opportunities for students to engage in enrichment and club activities, as well as, access to support and extra help sessions.
HMTCA students have stated that they value teachers who provide dynamic instruction and care, a friendly and inclusive student community, the variety of sports, music and theater programs, and having access to Trinity College.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- College credit is offered through Trinity College, UConn ECE, Capital Community College, and Advanced Placement courses
- Exploratory Middle School model affords extensive course offerings
- Exceptional performing and visual arts programs, graphics, marching band, orchestra
- Small class sizes and a learning environment that demands rigorous, high quality work
- Provides students with a rigorous core curriculum and unique offerings that include forensics, beekeeping, marine science, and botany. Additional course offerings include Mandarin, virtual high school and lifeguard training.
- Early College Partnership with Trinity College allows qualified students to enroll in Trinity College courses.
- 93.1% four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Our exceptional PERFORMING ARTS PROGRAM includes Marching and Pep Band, Orchestra, Chorus, Jazz Band, Theater and Dance.
HMTCA is part of the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC) High School Athletics and Middle School Competitive Sports Program.
Offering Soccer, X-Country, Volleyball, Football, Swimming, Softball, Baseball, Basketball, Tennis, and Cheer.