Join us for our In-Person RSCO Fair on Sat. Nov. 13th More Info
Hartford PreKindergarten Magnet School
Hartford, CT 06120
Hartford, CT 06106
Hartford Pre-Kindergarten Magnet School provides a social learning environment that nurtures and supports a young child’s natural proclivity to learn, experiment and explore through active engagement, interactive discussions and the fast mapping of vocabulary. Our school is equipped with state-of-the-art SMART Boards, Panasonic 3E laptops and Hatch technology to enhance learning and provide children with daily hands-on, inquiry-based learning activities.
By the end of preschool, children will:
- Demonstrate a sense of self as a learner
- Demonstrate a sense of responsibility to oneself and to others
- Demonstrate effective functioning, individually and as a member of a group
- Exhibit curiosity, creativity, self-direction and persistence in learning situations
Preschool years are important to your child’s social and academic development. We invite you to find out more about our learning community. At our preschool, children are actively engaged, developing the necessary social and academic skills to be prepared for a successful experience and a smooth transition into kindergarten.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Instructed in a language-rich environment with the STREAM curriculum
- Kindergarten preparedness-literacy, mathematical logic, narrative language discourse skills, scientific concepts, self-regulation, and vocabulary.
- Equipped with state-of-the-art technology: iPads, HATCH tablets, and SMART Board. Interactive technology richens classroom instruction.
- Partnership with Hartford Performs provides students with inspirational experiences in the arts
- LEGO Lab experiences
- Hartford Pre-K provides a social learning environment that nurtures and supports a young child’s natural proclivity to learn, experiment and explore through active engagement, interactive discussions, and the fast mapping of vocabulary.
- At our preschool, children are actively engaged, developing the necessary social and academic skills to be prepared for a successful experience and a smooth transition into kindergarten.
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Our LEGO Room enables each child to actively engage in learning-rich experiences where students learn concepts and skills in a meaningful context in a collaborative environment.
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!