RSCO On-line Application for the 2023-24 School Year Coming in December
Hartford PreKindergarten Magnet School
This theme is closely related to STEM but adds Art and Reading to the mix. STREAM focuses on inquiry-based learning and inspires students to become lifelong learners from an early age. STREAM teaches students to interact with the world through both artistic and scientific processes.
Hartford, CT 06120
Hartford, CT 06106
School Message Board
Welcome to Hartford PreKindergarten Magnet School!
We are delighted that your child has received an invitation to attend our Magnet School for the 2022-2023 School Year. To secure your child’s seat for the upcoming school year, please follow this two-step acceptance and registration process.
- Accept your child’s seat by logging in to your RSCO account and adhere to the RSCO deadline. We encourage you to submit your response as soon as possible.
- Please note: if you opt to decline the placement seat, your child will not receive another placement offer for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Register your child by completing the on-line registration. All registration documents must be received to officially enroll your child at our school. Please refer to the list below of required documents.
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID – Driver’s License, Passport, or Government issued ID
- Proof of Residency (utility bill such as cable, light, gas, water, home or car insurance or property tax bill)
- State of CT Health Assessment Record Form. An updated physical is required for all students.
- Authorization for Release of Student Records (if applicable).
Please register as quickly as possible. We can help upload your documents to the registration portal. Contact us at 860-695-5820.
Hartford Pre-Kindergarten Magnet School provides a social learning environment that nurtures and supports a young child’s natural proclivity to learn, experiment and explore through active engagement, interactive discussions and the fast mapping of vocabulary. Our school is equipped with state-of-the-art SMART Boards, Panasonic 3E laptops and Hatch technology to enhance learning and provide children with daily hands-on, inquiry-based learning activities.
By the end of preschool, children will:
- Demonstrate a sense of self as a learner
- Demonstrate a sense of responsibility to oneself and to others
- Demonstrate effective functioning, individually and as a member of a group
- Exhibit curiosity, creativity, self-direction and persistence in learning situations
Preschool years are important to your child’s social and academic development. We invite you to find out more about our learning community. At our preschool, children are actively engaged, developing the necessary social and academic skills to be prepared for a successful experience and a smooth transition into kindergarten.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Instructed in a language-rich environment with the STREAM curriculum
- Kindergarten preparedness-literacy, mathematical logic, narrative language discourse skills, scientific concepts, self-regulation, and vocabulary.
- Equipped with state-of-the-art technology: iPads, HATCH tablets, and SMART Board. Interactive technology richens classroom instruction.
- Partnership with Hartford Performs provides students with inspirational experiences in the arts
- LEGO Lab experiences
- Hartford Pre-K provides a social learning environment that nurtures and supports a young child’s natural proclivity to learn, experiment and explore through active engagement, interactive discussions, and the fast mapping of vocabulary.
- At our preschool, children are actively engaged, developing the necessary social and academic skills to be prepared for a successful experience and a smooth transition into kindergarten.
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Our LEGO Room enables each child to actively engage in learning-rich experiences where students learn concepts and skills in a meaningful context in a collaborative environment.