International Magnet School for Global Citizenship
School Message Board
Late Application Information
We are accepting late applications for the following grades:
International Magnet School for Global Citizenship is an International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme that prepares students to be global citizens, appreciate diversity, and perform at the highest level. Together, with families and the school community, the Primary Years Programme is focused on building each student’s confidence and self-motivation. Students are challenged to think for themselves and take charge of their learning. Students are inspired to respond to challenges with an open mind and to be confident in their identities by learning through six themes of global significance: who we are, where we are in place and time, how we express ourselves, how the world works, how we organize ourselves, and sharing the planet.
*Students enrolled in grade 5 may automatically enroll at the Metropolitan Learning Center for Global and International Studies for grade 6 without submitting a RSCO application.
- Offers the Primary Years Programme (PYP)
- Prepares students to be global citizens, appreciate diversity, and perform at the highest level Focuses on the development of the whole child as an inquirer
- Challenges students to act, collaborate and communicate
- Inspires students to respond to challenges with an open mind and confident in their identities
- Accredited International Baccalaureate World School since 2011
- NAEYC Accreditation
- Magnet Schools of America Merit School of Distinction (2012-2016)
- MSA School of Excellence 2014
- 150-seat Recital Hall, 150-seat Black Box Theater
- 9 National Advancement in the Arts Finalist
Sports, Clubs & Activities
International Partnership with Doshisha International Academy in Kyoto, Japan
Hartford Yard Goats Student Engagement Program
5th-grade Exhibition project (capstone experience)
After school enrichment program for K-5 students
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!