Kinsella Magnet School of Performing Arts
Hartford, CT 06114
Hartford, CT 06112
School Message Board
Late Application InformationWe are accepting late applications for the following grades:
Kinsella Magnet School of Performing Arts is focused on matching individual student’s progress, assessment and achievement with high academic expectations. The prekindergarten-Grade 12 continuum ensures that all students transition from each grade smoothly and effectively. Students are engaged in a data-driven curriculum with arts-integrated instruction and active learning.
The philosophy of the school integrates the core elements of education: Reading, Writing, Math and Science, with exposure to various cultures and arts. That integration allows each child to develop knowledge socially, linguistically and cognitively through a broad variety of hands-on experiences. Students have the opportunity to play a musical instrument, create through stagecraft, and experiment with drama, dance and movement. This process fosters student problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, encouraging individual learning so that students are able to arrive at conclusions independently.
Our theme is integrated daily through cultural exposure and comprehensive training programs to foster the artistic, independent and critical thinking of our students through performing arts-integrated instruction.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- High academic expectations coupled with comprehensive performing arts training
- Theme fosters the artistic, independent and critical thinking of students through performing-arts integrated instruction
- Emphasis on problem solving & critical thinking skills
- Awarded as a School of Excellence and Distinction by Magnet Schools of America
- Students participate in English/ Language Arts, Social Studies, Math, Dance, Drama, Musical Theater, Production, Stagecraft, Vocal, and Instrumental.
- A data-driven curriculum is employed in Language Arts, Math and Science to address each student’s specific needs.
- 100.0% four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Students participate in enrichment activities such as sewing, sports, dance and theater. Enrichment is offered both during the day and after school
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!