Metropolitan Learning Center for Global and International Studies
School Message Board
Late Application InformationWe are accepting late applications for the following grades:
Metropolitan Learning Center for Global and International Studies is Connecticut’s only public International Baccalaureate (IB) World School serving students in grades 6-12 and preparing them to be global problem-solvers and leaders. The overall philosophy of the school’s theme is expressed through three basic concepts that support and strengthen all areas of the curriculum. These concepts are: intercultural awareness, holistic learning, and communication. Students are required to study their native language, a second language, humanities, sciences, mathematics, arts, physical education and technology. They are motivated to succeed, act as leaders of change, and inquire about and understand the world around them and identify their place within it. The school seeks to develop internationally minded citizens who recognize their responsibility for the planet and who will help to create a better and more peaceful world.
*Students enrolled in grade 5 at CREC International Magnet School can enroll automatically into Grade 6 at Metropolitan Learning Center for Global and International Studies without submitting a RSCO application.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Offers IB courses preparing students for college and beyond
- Develops students to be thinkers, risk-takers and communicators who are motivated to succeed
- Places students at the forefront of their learning
- Empowers students to act as leaders and agents of change
- Encourages students to inquire about and understand
- IB for all students
- 2020: 8 full diploma awardees, 361 certificates awarded
- Personal Project Experience for all 10th graders
- International travel to expand global theme and experience
- 97.7% four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Student Leadership(Peer mediators, mentors, tutors)
Student Action – Changemaker challenge
Student led plays and clubs
Student led panels (BLM, Action fair)
Black History Month Celebration (Daily announcements, messages, guest speaker, performances) ALL created and led by students
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!