Montessori Magnet at Fisher School
School Message Board
Late Application InformationWe are accepting late applications for the following grades:
In the early 1900’s, Dr. Maria Montessori, Italy’s first female physician, developed educational materials and methods based on her belief that children learn best by doing. Dr. Montessori believed learning should occur in multi-age classrooms where children at various stages of development learn from and with each other. Her advice was always, “Follow the Child.”
Instruction is based on the child’s inherent love of learning and is encouraged by giving them the opportunities to engage in spontaneous, meaningful work. Annie Fisher Montessori celebrates the fact that every child learns differently. Differentiation is built into the Montessori pedagogy and every student has his or her own individual learning plan. Students work collaboratively in small groups throughout the day on interdisciplinary projects. The goal of a Montessori education is to graduate students with a vision of what the world can be, and the resources to lead and accomplish that mission.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Offers half-day PK3 and full-day PK4 programming
- Provides fully equipped AMI multiage classrooms
- Montessori materials encourage exploration of five major areas: Practical Life, Sensorial Experience, Math, Language and Culture
- Students learn through observing and interacting with their environment through guided exploration and discovery
- Grade 7 and 8 students are in the Erdkinder program and work, learn and grow at the Annie Fisher school location and the AuerFarm site in Bloomfield
- Indoor/outdoor learning – At the center of all levels of Montessori education sits the prepared environment. “Education is acquired not by listening to words but by experiences upon the environment.”
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!