Montessori Magnet at Batchelder School
School Message Board
Late Application Information
We are accepting late applications for the following grades:
Montessori Magnet follows the highly successful educational methods of Dr. Maria Montessori. Classrooms are mixed-age groups serving specific developmental stages: Primary (3-6 years; Lower Elementary (6-9 years); and Upper Elementary (9-12 years).
Communities of children support one another socially, emotionally and academically. Educators guide students to learn at their own paces, exploring and discovering based on their interests. Children learn through hands-on work. Elementary students are encouraged and plan to embark on “going-out” excursions that complement their studies/interests. Children emerge as independent, confident, compassionate, responsible participants and leaders of society. The Montessori program is Education for Life.
- Independent exploration and discovery using Montessori materials
- Individualized instruction in multiage classrooms guided by interest and developmental readiness
- Integrated art, music, and physical education as a daily routine
- Diversity-rich family engagement supporting integrated child education
- PK3 student start dates mid-to-late September, depending on readiness and allowing for individualized support as students transition
- Offers half-day programming for PK3
- Montessori Magnet follows the highly successful educational methods of Dr. Maria Montessori. Classrooms are mixed-age groups serving specific developmental stages: Primary (3–6 years); Lower Elementary (6–9 years); and Upper Elementary (9–12 years).
- Association Montessori Internationale AMI curriculum, equipment, and trained staff
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Students enjoy integrated Art, Music and Physical Education as a part of each child’s daily routine. Additional arts experiences are provided in partnership with Hartford Performs
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!