Join us for our In-Person RSCO Fair on Sat. Nov. 13th More Info
Museum Academy incorporates arts across the curriculum and turns classrooms into museums where students become critical thinkers and teachers of their learning. Using a project-based approach, along with visual thinking strategies, students are encouraged to share their observations and thoughts with the larger group. This platform allows students to learn from, embrace, and respect different perspectives. Hands-on experiences create opportunities for students to explore, connect, and create in their natural environment. Unique to this school, are community partnerships with local museums that extend learning beyond the classroom
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Incorporates arts across the curriculum
- Classrooms become museums through a series of Exhibition Nights where students become teachers and present their learning
- Collaborates with community partners to enhance the curriculum
- Magnet Schools of America Merit School of Distinction, May 2016
- Magnet Schools of America Presidents Award, April 2015
- Magnet Schools of America Merit School of Excellence, April 2015
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Visual Thinking Strategies
Partnerships with local museums, nature and science centers
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!