Pathways Academy of Technology and Design
School Message Board
Late Application InformationWe are accepting late applications for the following grades:
Pathways Academy of Technology & Design, designated as the nation’s Top Secondary School by Magnet Schools of America in 2014, is located on a new building on the Goodwin College campus in East Hartford. Pathways students benefit from a unique college preparatory learning program where students, outfitted with personal laptop computers, learn in all their subject areas through creative projects that integrate advanced technology, including graphic design, digital video and media, programming, and robotics.
Pathways Academy offers a personalized learning experience through its curriculum and advisory program. Each student belongs to a small advisory group where a teacher gives them close attention and keeps families well informed. Pathways students have the opportunity to participate in paid internships and partnerships with local companies and organizations. Our strong business partners help students develop real-world skills through mentoring and professional internships. Students are also able to earn dual-credit with a variety of our secondary education partners such as Capital Community College, Goodwin College, UCONN, and more.
If a rigorous, innovative, 21st century-learning program is for you, join the Pathways family!
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Pathways students have the opportunity to participate in paid internships and partnerships with local companies and organizations.
- Our new building on the Goodwin University campus has state-of-the-art technology.
- Our technology integration includes a one-to-one laptop program, industry-standard software and hardware, and Mac and PC Labs.
- Our career exploration features a 9th grade career fair, 10th grade job shadowing, 11th grade internships, and partnerships with local IT firms
- Pathways offers a 21st century learning program.
- Our curriculum offers video game design, programming, digital video and media, graphic design, advanced design portfolio, web design, robotics, SAT prep, and AP courses.
- Our college preparatory curriculum includes themed project portfolios taught by teachers with industry experience.
- 92.3% four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
FIRST Robotics program in partnership with the Academy of Engineering and Green Technology at Hartford High School.
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!