Reggio Magnet School of the Arts
The Reggio theme supports an individualized learning environment inspired by the Italian Reggio Emilia approach. The curriculum is designed to respect a child’s point of view, and students are empowered to direct their learning. With the teacher acting as a guide, project-based learning opportunities inspire high levels of creativity, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving.
School Message Board
Student Registration Information
Student registration is one of the last steps of the placement process. If you received a placement offer and accepted a seat at this school for the upcoming 2022-2023 School Year (beginning August 2022) please contact Teresa Mason at the school directly at (860) 559-4572 or email@example.com for your registration deadline and instructions on next steps.
Reggio Magnet School of the Arts empowers students to learn through exploration and discovery in spaces that ignite creativity and foster collaboration. Students are engaged in an arts-integrated, project-based approach that enhances their reading, math, and science skills while inspiring high levels of creativity, critical thinking, and collaborative problem-solving. Reggio’s rich spirit of collaboration between students, families, and the community creates an environment that invites meaningful interactions between people and ideas. Through interactions with peers and the environment, students learn empathy and develop the intellectual and interpersonal skills to be tomorrow’s leaders.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Reggio-inspired curriculum allows students to direct their own learning
- Fosters student learning through exploration and discovery
- Integrates the arts into all learning
- Offers world language for all students.
- 2020 “Magnet School of Excellence” by Magnet Schools of America
- 2019 “Magnet School of Excellence” by Magnet Schools of America
- 2011–2018 “Magnet School of Distinction” by Magnet Schools of America
- Featured in research studies and publications by Harvard University, Columbia University, Leslie University, etc.
- State finalists in CT Invention Convention
- Charles Mingus
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Comprehensive Reggio Emilia curriculum
World language for all students
Gifted program for high level learners
Student enrichment high-level