Riverside Magnet School at Goodwin University
The Reggio theme supports an individualized learning environment inspired by the Italian Reggio Emilia approach. The curriculum is designed to respect a child’s point of view, and students are empowered to direct their learning. With the teacher acting as a guide, project-based learning opportunities inspire high levels of creativity, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving.
East Hartford, CT 06118
School Message Board
Student Registration Information
Student registration is one of the last steps of the placement process. Families must register their child within 14 days of accepting their placement offer. If you haven’t received a communication from us within a few days of you accepting your placement offer, please contact email@example.com or visit our website.
Riverside Magnet School is an elementary magnet school serving scholars from Prekindergarten through Grade 5 with a pathway opportunity from PK3 to Goodwin University. The Reggio Emilia approach is at the heart of the culture of learning at Riverside Magnet School. RMS offers our diverse scholars hands-on, project-based learning opportunities that are focused on building content knowledge, as well as literacy, numeracy, and social emotional skills, while empowering scholars to lead their learning. Nature and open spaces complement state-of-the -art learning technology to engage students through all five senses and provide endless opportunities to express themselves.
Riverside Magnet School at Goodwin University 5th grade students have a direct pathway option to attend 6th grade at Connecticut River Academy at Goodwin University. To be considered for this direct pathway placement, you must submit an on-time 2022-23 RSCO online application with Connecticut River Academy at Goodwin University as your first choice.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Connecticut School of Distinction, NAEYC accredited full-day preschool
- Low adult-to-student ratios, state-of-the-art technology, fully certified teachers at all grade levels
- Reggio Emilia Approach: Student voice and choice in all subjects and individualized learning derived from a student’s interest, encouraging multiple forms of expression.
- PE, art, and music for all students, Spanish and orchestra for upper grades
- Family and community at the heart of learning
- Fee-based afterschool and summer enrichment programs available