Join us for our In-Person RSCO Fair on Sat. Nov. 13th More Info
Simsbury School District
Simsbury Public Schools prepares students for a global, interconnected society, with emphasis on building strong interpersonal relationships and higher-order thinking, communication, and technology skills. Teachers are experts in instruction and content knowledge, emphasizing 21st century skills across all curricular areas. Positive rapport with students is a priority, as teachers strive to instill excitement and joy into the learning environment. The curriculum emphasizes critical and creative thought; problem solving; effective written and oral communication; artistic expression; an understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures; and physical, social, and emotional wellness.
Hartford residents entering Pre-Kindergarten Age 4 through Grade 10 and living in Zone 1 may apply to attend this school.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- One of four original funding districts for Open Choice
- Full-day preschool program
- Rigorous academic curriculum emphasizing critical thinking and communication skills
- Award-winning programs in arts and STEM subjects
- Commitment to social-emotional growth in students
- U.S. News & World Report #6 of Best High Schools in Connecticut and #326 nationally
- Newsweek one of the top 5,000 STEM high schools in the country
- 28 AP courses; of the 439 students who took 894 AP exams, 82% of the scores were 3 or higher
- 82% of Class of 2020 committed to attend four-year colleges or universities
- A sequence of elective courses create pathways to potential careers: Architecture/Construction, Biomedical Science, Business & Science, Communication, Culinary Arts, Engineering, Humanities, Music and Performing Arts, Transportation/Automotive, and Visual Arts
- World languages in Spanish, French, Latin, and Chinese, with Seal of Biliteracy offered
- 94.1 % four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Unified Sports/Unified Theater
National and international honor societies: computer science, world language, art, music, business
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!