Simsbury School District
District Message Board
Late Application InformationWe have limited availability, but there’s still time to apply! Seats may become available at the following grade(s) for the 2021-22 school year.
STUDENT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
The Open Choice program office will notify you by email within in two (2) days of accepting this placement offer. If you do not receive an email in two days, please contact the Open Choice program office at OpenChoice@crec.org.
Simsbury Public Schools prepares students for a global, interconnected society, with emphasis on building strong interpersonal relationships and higher-order thinking, communication, and technology skills. Teachers are experts in instruction and content knowledge, emphasizing 21st century skills across all curricular areas. Positive rapport with students is a priority, as teachers strive to instill excitement and joy into the learning environment. The curriculum emphasizes critical and creative thought; problem solving; effective written and oral communication; artistic expression; an understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures; and physical, social, and emotional wellness.
Hartford residents entering Pre-Kindergarten Age 4 through Grade 10 and living in Zone 1 may apply to attend this school.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- One of four original funding districts for Open Choice
- Full-day preschool program
- Rigorous academic curriculum emphasizing critical thinking and communication skills
- Award-winning programs in arts and STEM subjects
- Commitment to social-emotional growth in students
- U.S. News & World Report #6 of Best High Schools in Connecticut and #326 nationally
- Newsweek one of the top 5,000 STEM high schools in the country
- 28 AP courses; of the 439 students who took 894 AP exams, 82% of the scores were 3 or higher
- 82% of Class of 2020 committed to attend four-year colleges or universities
- A sequence of elective courses create pathways to potential careers: Architecture/Construction, Biomedical Science, Business & Science, Communication, Culinary Arts, Engineering, Humanities, Music and Performing Arts, Transportation/Automotive, and Visual Arts
- World languages in Spanish, French, Latin, and Chinese, with Seal of Biliteracy offered
- 94.1 % four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Unified Sports/Unified Theater
National and international honor societies: computer science, world language, art, music, business
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!