Somers School District
Somers, CT 06071
District Message Board
Student Registration Information
After you accept your placement for the 2022-2023 school year, please complete this two-step registration process:
- Step 1: Register with your Open Choice District
- Step 2: Register with the Open Choice Program
The vision of the Somers Public Schools is to challenge students and staff members to pursue excellence, foster creative expression, and to develop a concern for the quality of life for all. The schools’ vision embraces a culture and environment that promotes lifelong learning, develops self-worth, supports uniqueness and diversity, and empowers individuals to make choices that lead to lives filled with dignity, respect, happiness, and opportunity.
Hartford residents entering Pre-Kindergarten Age 4 through Grade 10 and living in Zone 2 may apply to attend this school.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- All schools and Somers Public Library are located on one campus
- One-to-one student device program where all students grades 1–12 get iPads or Chromebooks.
- Technology Innovation Design and Engineering (TIDE) Program at SHS.
- Small class sizes.
- At Mabelle B Avery Middle School: strong advisory program for SEL. Strong home-school partnership & a team approach to academics.
- At Somers Elementary School: Small class sizes, strong homeschool communication, strong school-wide PBIS/SEL
- 92.4% four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Wide variety of afterschool clubs at Somers High School (Sciptura, GSA, Unity Team, Gamers, etc) Award winning yearbook program
At Mabelle B Avery Middle School: variety of after school clubs (Math, Fitness, Robotics…)
At Somers Elementary School: chorus & band, student council, knitting club.