Join us for our In-Person RSCO Fair on Sat. Nov. 13th More Info
Somers School District
The vision of the Somers Public Schools is to challenge students and staff members to pursue excellence, foster creative expression, and to develop a concern for the quality of life for all. The schools’ vision embraces a culture and environment that promotes lifelong learning, develops self-worth, supports uniqueness and diversity, and empowers individuals to make choices that lead to lives filled with dignity, respect, happiness, and opportunity.
Hartford residents entering Pre-Kindergarten Age 4 through Grade 10 and living in Zone 2 may apply to attend this school.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- All schools and Somers Public Library are located on one campus
- One-to-one student device program where all students grades 1–12 get iPads or Chromebooks.
- Technology Innovation Design and Engineering (TIDE) Program at SHS.
- Small class sizes.
- At Mabelle B Avery Middle School: strong advisory program for SEL. Strong home-school partnership & a team approach to academics.
- At Somers Elementary School: Small class sizes, strong homeschool communication, strong school-wide PBIS/SEL
- 92.4% four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Wide variety of afterschool clubs at Somers High School (Sciptura, GSA, Unity Team, Gamers, etc) Award winning yearbook program
At Mabelle B Avery Middle School: variety of after school clubs (Math, Fitness, Robotics…)
At Somers Elementary School: chorus & band, student council, knitting club.
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!