South Windsor School District
South Windsor, CT 06074
South Windsor Public Schools is proud to be one of the original participants in the Project Concern/Hartford Region Open Choice Program. In 1966, South Windsor welcomed 25 students from Hartford to its school community. The district’s commitment to the program has remained steadfast and participation has increased steadily since that time. Today, more than 130 Open Choice students are part of the district’s community. The district’s mission is to dream, achieve, and inspire. South Windsor believes all students must have a global and multicultural perspective to be truly college and career ready. The district’s participation in the Open Choice program has helped to enhance opportunities for all of its students and allow them to gain this perspective. Open Choice families have been happy with the district and its efforts, reflecting on their experience as part of the recent 50th anniversary celebration.
Hartford residents entering Pre-Kindergarten Age 4 through Grade 10 and living in Zone 2 may apply to attend this school.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Elementary STEM program
- World Language instruction in grades 1–4
- 1:1 technology devices in grades 6–12
- Wide selection of extracurricular activities and athletic programs
- Commitment to high levels of achievement for all students through rigorous and differentiated curriculum
- Peer-led writing and math centers
- World language program grades 1-12; Seal of Biliteracy
- Elementary STEM Program
- 1:1 devices for students K-12
- Robust efforts to recruit a diverse faculty and staff
- 91.9 % four-year graduate rate