STEM Magnet at Annie Fisher School
School Message Board
Late Application Information
We are accepting late applications for the following grades:
Annie Fisher STEM Magnet School is a very special learning community where students are valued, challenged and supported. With a laser focus on the integration of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and the Arts throughout the curriculum, we utilize an inquiry approach to foster creativity, problem-solving, innovation and critical thinking. Inquiry-based practices guide students to lead their own learning as they pose questions, investigate problems and create solutions.
Learning at STEM is tailored to each student’s personal and academic goals. Our unique STEM+ programming allows students to self-select courses that interest them within the STEM disciplines. Students and staff work collaboratively to dive deeply into content and practices that enhance the learning experience for everyone. Annie Fisher STEM Magnet School is a very dynamic place where all children can learn and grow!
- Our school has a full-day kindergarten.
- Our school partners with the Connecticut Science Center and the University of Hartford.
- Students have access to extensive technology including iPads, scientific probeware, 3D printers, MacBooks and PC laptops.
- We offer daily science and engineering classes.
- All students select quarterly STEM+ courses that enhance their learning experience, including LEGO Robotics, forensics, rocketry, computer coding and much more!
- We feature four specialty science labs: LEGO Lab, Earth/ Life Science Lab, Physics Lab, Engineering Lab.
Sports, Clubs & Activities
STEM students have opportunities to participate in after-school programming, including Intramural Sports, Robotics Teams and Engineering Programs.
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!