Tolland School District
District Message Board
Student Registration Information
After you accept your placement for the 2022-2023 school year, please complete this two-step registration process:
- Step 1: Register with your Open Choice District
- Step 2: Register with the Open Choice Program
The Tolland Public Schools include four school facilities, Birch Grove Elementary School (grades K–2), Tolland Intermediate School (grades 3–5), Tolland Middle School (grades 6–8), and Tolland High School (grades 9–12). Curriculum, instruction, as-sessment, and culturally responsive education are of crucial importance to the district’s vision and work. District educators work hard to provide a strong educational experience with love, and humanity. Tolland Public Schools perform well on measures of success for students, and it focuses on mastery education and learning. Tolland schools are invested in programs that emphasize great writing such as writers workshop, and rigorous mathematics through Singapore math. The school system has embraced Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports, and works hard to give students opportunities to focus inward to improve themselves and outward to create positive change in the world. The school system has a relationship with the University of Connecticut and offers UConn Early College Experience programs.
Hartford residents entering Pre-Kindergarten Age 4 through Grade 10 and living in Zone 2 may apply to attend this school.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Business Academy
- Academic Pathways provide a magnet/private school experience in a comprehensive school setting
- Relationship with the University of Connecticut — offers UConn Early College Experience (ECE) college credit programs
- A focus on Mastery Learning and Culturally Responsive Education
- Writers Workshop and Singapore Math