Two Rivers Magnet Middle School
School Message Board
Late Application InformationWe are accepting late applications for the following grades:
Two Rivers Magnet Middle School provides students an engaging, rigorous course of studies that infuses environmental science and engineering into the curriculum. Students are empowered to become active participants in their learning through hands-on activities that challenge them to become problem-solvers, to test theories and design, and to make informed decisions about society’s relationship with the environment. The school uses community and educational partnerships to ensure that our students are receiving cutting edge instruction. After piloting lessons and demonstrations on behalf of the Connecticut Science Center, students are able to provide recommendations for improving their programs. They also work directly with graduate students at UConn School of Engineering.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Provides a rigorous course of studies that infuses environmental science and engineering
- Intertwines outdoor exploration with a blended learning model to engage students and encourage them to be active participants in their learning
- Offers classes such as exploratory science, pre-engineering, sustainability, game design, animation, and more
- Partners with the Connecticut Science Center
- National Green LEAF School of Excellence
- Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
- Mastery based grading
- Blended Learning
- Frequent parent communication on Habits of Mind
- Diverse and invested staff
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Award-winning Arts program
Full athletics program
More than 10 after school clubs offered
Hands-on, STEM-based electives
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!