University High School of Science and Engineering
School Message Board
Late Application InformationWe have limited availability, but there’s still time to apply! Seats may become available at the following grade(s) for the 2021-22 school year.
Student Registration Information
Student registration is one of the last steps of the placement process. If you received a placement offer and accepted a seat at this school for the upcoming 2021-2022 School Year (beginning August 2021) please contact the school directly for registration instructions and next steps. On-line Registration
University High School of Science and Engineering is an early college high school on the campus of the University of Hartford with a focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). Students are able to prepare for college by earning tuition-free college credits through UHSSE’s partnerships with the University of Hartford, UCONN, and the University of New Haven. Qualified students gain college credit by enrolling in Advanced Placement (AP). Early College Experience (ECE), and Project Lead the Way (PLTW) courses. The rigorous curriculum incorporates STEM components into core classes, including Language Arts and Social Studies, while also extending the theme into extracurricular activities.
We provide a constructive, supportive academic environment and seek to bring out the best in each student focusing on high academic achievement and setting no academic limit.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Accredited by New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- Earn tuition-free college credits with University of Hartford, UConn and Project Lead the Way (PLTW) credit through the University of New Haven
- Rigorous theme-based honors curriculum
- Nation’s top magnet high school —Magnet Schools of America, 2012
- Qualified students gain college credit by enrolling in Advanced Placement (AP), Early College Experience (ECE), and Project Lead the Way (PLTW) courses.
- The rigorous curriculum incorporates STEM components into core classes, including language arts and social studies, while also extending the theme into extracurricular activities.
- 95.6% four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
We offer 14 CIAC sports including Football, Cross Country, Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball, Wrestling, Indoor Track, Outdoor Track, Swimming, Baseball, Softball, and Golf.
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!