RSCO On-line Application for the 2023-24 School Year Coming in December
University High School of Science and Engineering
An emphasis on 21st century science and technology drive the core curriculum at STEM and STEM-related schools. This theme also includes programs with a focus on environmental sciences. STEM prepares students for our global, technology-driven future and fosters inquiring minds, logical reasoning, and great collaboration.
Hartford, CT 06112
School Message Board
Welcome to University High School of Science and Engineering!
We are delighted that your child has received an invitation to attend our Magnet School for the 2022-2023 School Year. To secure your child’s seat for the upcoming school year, please follow this two-step acceptance and registration process.
- Accept your child’s seat by logging in to your RSCO account and adhere to the RSCO deadline. We encourage you to submit your response as soon as possible.
- Please note: if you opt to decline the placement seat, your child will not receive another placement offer for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Register your child by completing the on-line registration. All registration documents must be received to officially enroll your child at our school. Please refer to the list below of required documents.
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID – Driver’s License, Passport, or Government issued ID
- Proof of Residency (utility bill such as cable, light, gas, water, home or car insurance or property tax bill)
- State of CT Health Assessment Record Form. An updated physical is required for all students
- Authorization for Release of Student Records (if applicable)
Please register as quickly as possible. We can help upload your documents to the registration portal. Contact us at 860-695-9020.
University High School of Science and Engineering is an early college high school on the campus of the University of Hartford with a focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). Students are able to prepare for college by earning tuition-free college credits through UHSSE’s partnerships with the University of Hartford, UCONN, and the University of New Haven. Qualified students gain college credit by enrolling in Advanced Placement (AP). Early College Experience (ECE), and Project Lead the Way (PLTW) courses. The rigorous curriculum incorporates STEM components into core classes, including Language Arts and Social Studies, while also extending the theme into extracurricular activities.
We provide a constructive, supportive academic environment and seek to bring out the best in each student focusing on high academic achievement and setting no academic limit.
STEM Magnet at Annie Fisher School 8th grade students have a direct pathway option to attend 9th grade at University High School of Science and Engineering. To be considered for this direct pathway placement, you must submit an on-time 2022-23 RSCO online application with University High School of Science and Engineering as your first choice.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Accredited by New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- Earn tuition-free college credits with University of Hartford, UConn and Project Lead the Way (PLTW) credit through the University of New Haven
- Rigorous theme-based honors curriculum
- Nation’s top magnet high school —Magnet Schools of America, 2012
- Qualified students gain college credit by enrolling in Advanced Placement (AP), Early College Experience (ECE), and Project Lead the Way (PLTW) courses.
- The rigorous curriculum incorporates STEM components into core classes, including language arts and social studies, while also extending the theme into extracurricular activities.
- 95.6% four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
We offer CIAC sports
- Cross County
- Girls Volleyball
- E Sports
- Indoor Track
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- Outdoor Track & Field
- E Sports
- Science Bowl