Webster Micro Society Magnet School
School Message Board
Late Application InformationWe have limited availability, but there’s still time to apply! Seats may become available at the following grade(s) for the 2021-22 school year.
Student Registration Information
Student registration is one of the last steps of the placement process. If you received a placement offer and accepted a seat at this school for the upcoming 2021-2022 School Year (beginning August 2021) please contact the school directly for registration instructions and next steps. On-line Registration
Noah Webster opened in 1904 as a neighborhood school serving the West End of Hartford. In 2004, the school underwent a dramatic renovation connecting the two original buildings maintaining the character of the old and adding the modern conveniences and technology. This became Noah Webster MicroSociety Magnet School. As a MicroSociety we connect the academics to the real world. Our students participate in classroom ventures where each room is a small business. Students, with teacher support, create the model, develop the business elements, work to earn money and then offer their products to other students to enjoy. As part of our MicroSociety model we also work with our students to ensure that we meet the Webster Way of taking care of ourselves, each other and our place. Our teachers work to create voice and choice in our classrooms to help to create relevance for the work in school as it connects to the larger society.
Outside of the classroom students have a wide variety of opportunities to engage in activities that broaden their skills and their opportunities in music, athletics and the arts in and out of school.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- MicroSociety model promotes connection of curriculum to real world application through classroom ventures where each room is a small business
- NAEYC-accredited, full-day Pre-K
- Instrumental music, chorus, performing and visual arts programs with local artists
- Awarded Magnet Schools of America School of Distinction
- Offering Mandarin Chinese for students starting in kindergarten
- Unified Arts classes include music, art, PE, media sciences, science and Mandarin.
- Micro Society’s model promotes connection of curriculum to real-world application through classroom ventures, as well as student voice and choice.
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Instrumental Music and Vocal Music
Middle School basketball
Intramural dodgeball, volleyball, basketball and cheerleading
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!