RSCO On-line Application for the 2023-24 School Year Coming in December
Webster Micro Society Magnet School
Through active student government and academic engagement, students participate in decision-making for their school society and connect learning to the real world to become engaged and active citizens. By creating miniature societies within the school, students experience a wide variety of learning environments.
Hartford, CT 06105
School Message Board
Welcome to Webster Micro Society Magnet School!
We are delighted that your child has received an invitation to attend our Magnet School for the 2022-2023 School Year. To secure your child’s seat for the upcoming school year, please follow this two-step acceptance and registration process.
- Accept your child’s seat by logging in to your RSCO account and adhere to the RSCO deadline. We encourage you to submit your response as soon as possible.
- Please note: if you opt to decline the placement seat, your child will not receive another placement offer for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Register your child by completing the on-line registration. All registration documents must be received to officially enroll your child at our school. Please refer to the list below of required documents.
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID – Driver’s License, Passport, or Government issued ID
- Proof of Residency (utility bill such as cable, light, gas, water, home or car insurance or property tax bill)
- State of CT Health Assessment Record Form. An updated physical is required for all students
- Authorization for Release of Student Records (if applicable)
Please register as quickly as possible. We can help upload your documents to the registration portal. Contact us at 860-695-5380.
Noah Webster opened in 1904 as a neighborhood school serving the West End of Hartford. In 2004, the school underwent a dramatic renovation connecting the two original buildings maintaining the character of the old and adding the modern conveniences and technology. This became Noah Webster MicroSociety Magnet School. As a MicroSociety we connect the academics to the real world. Our students participate in classroom ventures where each room is a small business. Students, with teacher support, create the model, develop the business elements, work to earn money and then offer their products to other students to enjoy. As part of our MicroSociety model we also work with our students to ensure that we meet the Webster Way of taking care of ourselves, each other and our place. Our teachers work to create voice and choice in our classrooms to help to create relevance for the work in school as it connects to the larger society.
Outside of the classroom students have a wide variety of opportunities to engage in activities that broaden their skills and their opportunities in music, athletics and the arts in and out of school.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- MicroSociety model promotes connection of curriculum to real world application through classroom ventures where each room is a small business
- NAEYC-accredited, full-day Pre-K
- Instrumental music, chorus, performing and visual arts programs with local artists
- Awarded Magnet Schools of America School of Distinction
- Offering Mandarin Chinese for students starting in kindergarten
- Unified Arts classes include music, art, PE, media sciences, science and Mandarin.
- Micro Society’s model promotes connection of curriculum to real-world application through classroom ventures, as well as student voice and choice.
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Instrumental Music and Vocal Music
Middle School basketball
Intramural dodgeball, volleyball, basketball and cheerleading