RSCO School Choice Fall Fair – Saturday, October 22, 9:30 am to 1:30 pm
West Hartford School District
West Hartford, CT 06107
District Message Board
Student Registration Information
After you accept your placement for the 2022-2023 school year, please complete this two-step registration process:
- Step 1: Register with your Open Choice District
- Step 2: Register with the Open Choice Program
“Clear Paths. Bright Futures. No Limits.”
West Hartford Public Schools has high expectations for all students and provides them with a rigorous and relevant curriculum, and dynamic teaching through a commitment to continuous improvement. The district’s mission, core values, and goals all serve to drive the purpose, focus, and work of West Hartford Public Schools. The District Model of Continuous Improvement is driven by the established goals and community expectations of the district’s schools. West Hartford Public Schools expect every child to develop into a confident, responsible, respectful, and compassionate student who is academically well-prepared, physically fit, and emotionally healthy to journey through the 21st century.
Hartford residents entering Pre-Kindergarten Age 4 through Grade 10 and living in Zone 1 may apply to attend this school.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- A welcoming district that engages all families
- Rigorous curriculum designed to increase awareness of and respect for diversity
- High expectations for every WHPS adult to help each child thrive and reach their greatest potential.
- Equity and Diversity Council is committed to building cultural competence.
- Before, during, and after school academic and enrichment activities for all students
- 2019 High Schools Ranked top 15 in CT; top 3% nationally US News and World Report
- 2020 CT Seal/Global Seal of Biliteracy earned by 150 students
- 2019 CT TSA Regional Conference (1st, 2nd & 3rd place awards)
- District-wide Social Emotional Learning/ Social Justice Education
- Office of Equity Advancement and District-Wide Equity and Diversity Council (EDC)
- Family Resource Centers
- 94.2 % four-year graduate rate
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Varsity, JV & Intramural sports
Band, Concert Jazz, Orchestra, Chamber Orchestra, Choir, a Capella,
Student-Run Improv Theater, Plays, Musicals
World Language Exchange program
Future Educators of Diversity (FEoD)
Unified Theater / Unified Sports
100+ before and after school extra/co-curricular clubs