Join us for our In-Person RSCO Fair on Sat. Nov. 13th More Info
Wintonbury Early Childhood Magnet School
Wintonbury is designed specifically for young children and their families. The school building is divided into three pods with six classrooms in each, creating smaller communities within the larger school. Pods 1, 2 & 3 have six pre-k classrooms each. Classrooms are designed with science areas in each. The playground is expansive and has three outdoor learning areas: a gardening area, an area for dramatic play (emphasizing language and literacy), and a playscape/ adventure space for climbing, swinging and riding tricycles.
Wintonbury has a science and inquiry theme. As such, the school collaborates closely with the 4-H Education Center at Auer Farm, an educational resource located in Bloomfield. Each class makes 12 visits to the farm. There are ongoing links with agriculture throughout children’s learning. Families are connected to the theme through ongoing communication and through seasonal weekend family activities at the farm.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum designed with focus on character development and creating a sense of “wonder” about their environment, culture, and world.
- Learning is rooted in strong relationships, theory and research of play and exploration, as the foundation for young learners.
- Curriculum addresses the needs of the whole child.
- Partnership with Auerfarm in Bloomfield, CT — each classroom visits the farm 12 times per year
- State-of-the-art facility designed specifically for young children/students
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!