Renzulli Gifted and Talented Academy
Hartford, CT 06105
The Renzulli Academy offers high-quality and distinctive programs to identified gifted and talented youth.
The Academy utilizes the Schoolwide Enrichment Model (SEM). SEM is not intended to replace or minimize existing services to high-achieving students. Rather, its purpose is to integrate these services into “a rising tide lifts all ships” approach to school improvement. SEM provides enriched learning experiences and higher standards for all children through three goals:
- Developing talents in all children;
- Providing a broad range of advanced-level enrichment experiences for all students;
- Providing follow-up advanced learning for children based on interests. SEM emphasizes engagement and the use of enjoyable and challenging learning experiences constructed around students’ interests and learning styles.
To enroll, students must apply and be accepted through Renzulli’s separate admissions process AFTER placement through RSCO.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- We believe engagement, enthusiasm and enjoyment increase academic achievement, and we promote it at all times
- Our school believes in developing the talents of ALL children/students
- We provide a broad range of advanced-level enrichment experiences for all students
- Renzulli provides follow-up advanced learning for children/ students based on their interests
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Boys Middle School Basketball
Girls Middle School Volleyball
Award-winning Band and Instrumental program
Documents & Flyers
Selecting the right school for your family is an important decision for your student’s future success!