RSCO On-line Application for the 2023-24 School Year Coming in December
Renzulli Gifted and Talented Academy
Hartford, CT 06105
School Message Board
Welcome to Renzulli Gifted & Talented Academy!
We are delighted that your child has received an invitation to attend our Open Choice School for the 2022-2023 School Year. We have taken steps we hope will simplify the acceptance and registration process. To secure your child’s seat for the upcoming school year, please follow the process below.
- Accept your child’s seat by logging in to your RSCO account and adhere to the RSCO deadline. We encourage you to submit your response as soon as possible.
- Please note: if you opt to decline the placement seat, your child will not receive another placement offer for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Once you have accepted your child’s seat, it is important to note that registration is a 2-Step process.
- Step 1: Complete the Hartford Public Schools (HPS) Open Choice online registration. If you have difficulty with the registration process, please contact Jimena Stevenson at Jimena.Stevenson@hartfordschools.org.
- Step 2: Upon completion of the HPS Open Choice registration process, families will receive an email from Open Choice Program Office within five (5) business days with instructions for completing their child’s CREC PowerSchool registration. It is only after families complete both the Open Choice Program and CREC PowerSchool registrations that their child’s transportation will be assigned.
The Renzulli Academy offers high-quality and distinctive programs to identified gifted and talented youth.
The Academy utilizes the Schoolwide Enrichment Model (SEM). SEM is not intended to replace or minimize existing services to high-achieving students. Rather, its purpose is to integrate these services into “a rising tide lifts all ships” approach to school improvement. SEM provides enriched learning experiences and higher standards for all children through three goals:
- Developing talents in all children;
- Providing a broad range of advanced-level enrichment experiences for all students;
- Providing follow-up advanced learning for children based on interests. SEM emphasizes engagement and the use of enjoyable and challenging learning experiences constructed around students’ interests and learning styles.
To enroll, students must apply and be accepted through Renzulli’s separate admissions process AFTER placement through RSCO.
School Report Card – the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) has prepared this report, which includes information about student enrollment, student achievement, student and teacher diversity, and much more.
- We believe engagement, enthusiasm and enjoyment increase academic achievement, and we promote it at all times
- Our school believes in developing the talents of ALL children/students
- We provide a broad range of advanced-level enrichment experiences for all students
- Renzulli provides follow-up advanced learning for children/ students based on their interests
Sports, Clubs & Activities
Boys Middle School Basketball
Girls Middle School Volleyball
Award-winning Band and Instrumental program